[NEohioPAL] New Artist Resource: Creative Compass: helping artists navigate greater Cleveland opportunity

Valerie L. Schumacher valerie at cultureforward.org
Fri May 11 06:35:31 PDT 2012

Dear NEohioPAL Community:

We are very excited to have launched our new online resource center for
artists of all disciplines, www.MyCreativeCompass.org, and we hope you
will find it a useful tool. It includes information on grants, loans,
available space, calls for artists, business planning, civic engagement
and plenty more. We are continually building content for the site.
Please feel free to promote, submit and find information in a number of
listings:

We will be giving out a $25 gift certificate to the user with the most
posts between now and June 15. Gift cards are for a local business,
Dave's Grocery Store or BP gas.

*         Local Artist Spotlights
<http://www.mycreativecompass.org/Community/Local-Artist-Spotlights>

*         Available Space
<http://www.mycreativecompass.org/Space/Available-Space> : This could be
space for performances, permanent living, temporary live/work, events,
recording, etc.

*         Calls for Artists
<http://www.mycreativecompass.org/Employment/Calls-for-Artists> :
including auditions and other calls

*         Employment Opportunities
<http://www.mycreativecompass.org/Employment/Employment-Opportunities> :
full- or part-time, temporary or permanent, internships, etc.

*         Grant opportunities
<http://www.mycreativecompass.org/Money/Grants> : for individuals,
businesses or groups. This list does not include grants for nonprofits,
as the Foundation Center covers this thoroughly

*         Loans <http://www.mycreativecompass.org/Money/Loans> : For
projects, material or other artist-friendly loans

*         Professional Development Events
<http://www.mycreativecompass.org/Event-Calendar> : this calendar is
designed specifically for events that will assist in career-building for
artists (networking, workshops, art classes for adult artists or
continuing ed., etc.) We will have an additional forum thread for
posting gallery openings, performances, newly published work, etc.

In addition to these active listings, Creative Compass hosts a list of
service organizations
<http://www.mycreativecompass.org/Community/Professional-Organizations>
that can be filtered by discipline, services offered and category
(community, hone your craft, build your business, space, employment,
money, insurance).

The site also includes a Forum
<http://www.mycreativecompass.org/Community/Forums>  as a general space
to post questions, links, requests, announcements, etc.

In order to keep everyone up to date on the arts and culture sector,
CPAC sends an email news update every two weeks, which includes a list
of new posts to the site.

Creative Compass is managed by the Community Partnership for Arts and
Culture. The organization offers a number of programs, research and
other services for individual artists and arts and culture
organizations. More information on CPAC is available at
www.CultureForward.org.

Thank you for your time. Have a wonderful weekend!

Valerie Schumacher

Program Coordinator

Community Partnership for Arts and Culture

(216) 575-0331 x128

www.CultureForward.org