[NEohioPAL] Casting for a music video...

Johnny Wu johnny at mdifilm.com
Fri May 11 08:35:57 PDT 2012

Hi everyone, I am in preparation for my next music video for the artist
Bimbo Boy, he resides in Sweden and the last music video I did for him
(Drama Queen) years back got a lot of airtime in Sweden and online. The
music video was campy and a bit of comedy.

For this new one, it is a much darker story-line with a 80s pop music
composed/sang by Bimbo Boy. The song is about a boy being bullied and coming
out (Teenager rises above bullying to become someone better)... If anyone
interested - whom can look like a teenage or being a teenager that would
like to play this role, please send headshot/resume.  We hope to start
shooting in late Summer (July/August).

This is a no pay gig for all of us, but in return of your participation
(mostly 2 days max), you will be fed well, of course, get a copy of the
music video on DVD/Blu-ray, when we have the premiere, come party with us,
etc. the usual thing I do. :)  Hopefully the music video retains a strong
message that it can be viewed by thousands.

The Character breakdown for this role is below (script written by Carson
Parish):

Bradley Martin:

            Medium height, thin, casually dressed - a jeans and T-shirt kind
of kid. Long dark hair, sort of obscuring his face.

When Brad was in middle school, he began to realize that he was gay. Unsure
of how to respond, and without any gay role models, he resorted to isolating
himself as a way of dealing with his sexuality. He began to close himself
off in real life, only to make friends on the internet, but never with any
real-life connection. He dreams of moving out of the suburban life he leads
and heading to the city - New York, Chicago, anything but here. He's more or
less lost touch with his parents, and a day in which they do not speak to
one another is a good day. He doesn't have too many friends, and the ones he
does moved away at a young age, therefore, he considers himself to be
entirely alone. Attracted to Adam, another student at his high school, he
has absolutely no knowledge of how to act on these emotions, and as a result
he develops and unhealthy fascination with him. Engaging in moments that are
more or less "creepy" (rubbing his face against Adam's swimming jacket,
etc.) are more a result of social awkwardness as opposed to malice or
aberrational behavior.

Teachers at his school know that he's bright - one of the best students,
however his reluctance to participate in anything outside of class has left
him at odds with the administration, who feel as though he's deliberately
confrontational or introverted. Despite their attempts to bring him out of
his shell, and bring his intelligence from the classroom into the rest of
his life, he resists. His favorite bands are The Velvet Underground, The
Replacements, and The Waterboys because he identifies with the loneliness
and "lost" mentality of the singers. He reads a lot, but doesn't let anyone
know it, lest he gets made fun of it in school. He doesn't get picked on
much - most people leave him alone. But when he does, he takes it
particularly hard. His ultimate goal in life is just to have someone to be
with - to find someone he truly loves. As of this point in his life, he's
losing hope that that person will ever come along.

Some extras may needed for the HS scene or the park scene where Brad got
beaten up.

Don't miss Instant Noodles Dance Crew

MTV's Top 5 America's Best Dance Crew on Season 6

At the Cleveland Asian Festival!

Their first in Ohio!

 <http://Www.ClevelandAsianFestival.org> Www.ClevelandAsianFestival.org

Johnny Wu

216.539.4634

Dynamic Multicultural Branding

Principal Brand Strategist

Sampson / Carnegie

Serious Brand Strategies

 <http://www.smarterthinking.com/> www.Smarterthinking.com

Producer/Director/Editor/Wire-Stunt

 <http://www.mdifilm.com/> www.mdifilm.com

More reels at  <http://www.vimeo.com/mdifilm> www.vimeo.com/mdifilm

Current Project:  <http://www.facebook.com/S4Superman>
www.FaceBook.com/S4Superman

President

OCA-Cleveland Chapter

"Embracing the Hopes and Aspirations of Asian Pacific  Americans"

OCA Image TV Magazine on TV20 & iTunes

 <http://www.ocagc.org/> www.ocagc.org

Co-Chair Executive Committee

Cleveland Asian Festival

 <http://www.clevelandasianfestival.org/> www.ClevelandAsianFestival.org

Administrator

Cleveland IndieClub

 <http://www.clevelandindieclub.com/> www.clevelandindieclub.com

St. Clair Superior Development Board Member

WVIZ/IdeaStream Community Advisory Board