[NEohioPAL] Professional Development for Music Educators at B-W!

Alison Marie Tomin atomin at bw.edu
Wed May 16 09:22:29 PDT 2012

The Baldwin-Wallace College Conservatory of Music
is pleased to offer summer workshops for musicians and educators!

Listed below are our course offerings for the

Summer Institute for Music Teaching and Learning.

Online registration is now available and can be found at http://www.bw.edu/summer-music-programs.

Strategies for Strings!

June 18-21, 9:00 am - 4:30 pm

Dr. Robert Gardner, Instructor: 2 credits

For string educators at all levels: rehearsal techniques, pedagogy, and incorporating eclectic styles and improvisation into your teaching.

Music Education - ONLINE!

July 2, 9:00 am - 4:30 pm (1-day mini course)

Dr. William I. Bauer, Instructor: 0.5 credits

Using free, high-quality online technologies to teach and organize school music. Help students learn, create and perform, and develop your own web-based personal learning network.

Music Technology: Notation & Sequencing (TI:ME 1A)

July 9-12, 9:00 am - 4:30 pm

Dr. William I. Bauer, Instructor: 2 credits

Participants will learn basic notation and sequencing skills and complete projects that will effectively transfer to the classroom or studio. Technology Institute for Music Educators course 1A - fulfills half of TI:ME's level I certification.

Using i-Technology to Support and Enhance Instruction in the Music Classroom

July 13, 9:00 am -4:30 pm (1-day mini course)

Ms. Jennifer Bailey, Instructor: 0.5 credits

Participants should come armed with their favorite i-gadgets (i-pods, i-pads, etc.). Learn how to use these technologies to enhance learning, assessment, and creativity in your classroom.

Orff-Schulwerk Teacher Education Course Level I (AOSA-approved)

July 23 - August 3* (Monday-Friday), 8:00 am - 4:30 pm

Tim Purdum, Laura Webster, and Alan Purdum, Instructors: 4 credits

Develop Orff-Schulwerk principals and techniques through instruction in recorder, pitched and unpitched percussion, signing, movement, and Orff process.

* On-campus housing will be available for the Orff-Schulwerk Course, email atomin at bw.edu, for more information.

Please note: the professional development courses are not available for non-credit or audit.

For more information, contact the Baldwin-Wallace College Conservatory Outreach office at 440-826-2365, visit the Web site www.bw.edu/conservatoryoutreach<http://www.bw.edu/conservatoryoutreach> or email at conreach at bw.edu.

Find us on Facebook! www.facebook.com/bwconservatoryoutreach<http://www.facebook.com/bwconservatoryoutreach>