[NEohioPAL] The Amen Corner - (Event Date Correction)

DALE SHIELDS ricardo2541 at msn.com
Wed May 16 15:22:47 PDT 2012

THE AMEN CORNER by James Baldwin
 Project1voice (NYC - Ohio)

-A Staged Reading-

~A BENEFIT FOR THE RAINEY INSTITUTE CHILDREN'S THEATRE~
~~~~~~~~~~Project1voice *$25.00~~~~~~~~~~

*Ticket information*
http://project1voicecleveland.eventbrite.com/

7:00 pm
June 18th, 2012
Rainey Institute
1705 East 55th Street, Cleveland, Ohio 44103

Featuring
Kyle Primous (AEA)* Conni Blair (AEA)* Mariama Whyte (AEA)*
Angela Winborn (AEA) *Norma Powell (AEA)
*****Margaret Ford-Taylor* Peter Lawson Jones* Renee Matthews Jackson* Darlene Darby*
Michael Medcalf* Antuane Rodgers* Eva Withers-Evans* Ronald Pitts* Pierre Collins*
A'tiva Marie* Debra Rose* Syrmylin Cartwright* David Jenkins*****

Musical Direction and Supervision by Edward Ridley

Directed by Dale Shields

Anthony Elfonzia Nickerson-El, Production Supervisor
Artis Gaines, Event Manager

Production Stage Manager, Jamie Weinfeld

AEA - (Actors Equity Association)
*About THE AMEN CORNER*

The Amen Corner is a three-act play by James Baldwin. It was Baldwin's first attempt at theater following Go Tell It on the Mountain. It was first published in 1954, and inspired a short-lived 1983 Broadway musical adaptation with the slightly truncated title, Amen Corner. The play addresses themes of the role of the church in the African-American family and the effect of a poverty born of racial prejudice on the African-American community.

Project1voice created by Erich McMillan-McCall in July 2010.

Project1voice is a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit performing arts service organization, advocating on issues that directly affect Black theater. We are dedicated to the preservation of Black theater--it's legacy and tradition--keeping it strong, vital and alive!

Our mission is to support and cultivate artistic excellence, creativity and innovation among Bllack theaters across the country: connecting... people and communities to the arts.

Preserving the legacy and tradition Black theater is in all our hands!