[NEohioPAL] Character Voice Workshop Deadline

Colors Audio colorsaudio at neo.rr.com
Tue May 29 09:06:54 PDT 2012

Only one more week to register for the Character Voice Workshop with
Jenny Grimsley.  Deadline is June 5th!

Yo, fellow voiceoverists.
I'm excited to announce our first-ever Character Voice Workshop!  I
believe strongly that learning how to create character voices will
give us tools that we can use even in our more-straight-ahead reads.
If you want to be more directable - that means "employable" - please
consider joining us.

Tuesday evening, June 12th, at 7pm Colors Audio will host a Character
Voice Workshop led by Jenny Grimsley.

Jenny, a native of Los Angeles, studied voice-over with some of the
best character teachers in the business, including Louise Chamis and
Bob Bergen (Porky Pig).  She has done industrial voice-over,
commercials, radio shows, documentaries, film narration, international
voice-over (German and French), e-cards, and voices for toy products.
Jenny has conducted similar workshops in California and Ohio.

Some of the things you'll learn:

The Basics (who uses character voices?)
Developing a Character Voice Repetoire
Taking Direction
Building a Character Based Upon What You're Given
Getting Into Character
Mouth vs. Nasal
Building/Removing Accents
Celebrity Voices

Cost for the workshop is $25.  Registration deadline is June 5th.
Please make your check payable to "Jenny Grimsley" and mail it to:

Colors Audio
Suite #301
2215 E. Waterloo Rd.
Akron, OH 44312

Here are directions to the studio:  http://www.colorsaudio.com/site.cfm/info/Directions.cfm

If you have any questions, please email me.

Come spend an entertaining evening working with one of the goofiest
voice-over actresses in Northeast Ohio!  It will be well worth the
investment!

Dan Popp
Sound Czar
Colors Audio