[NEohioPAL] OPEN MIC SHAKESPEARE - Monday, June 4 - Love's Labor's Lost

Brian Pedaci bpedaci at gmail.com
Sun Jun 3 12:29:39 PDT 2012

On Monday, June 4 at 7pm, Cleveland Shakespeare Festival continues Open Mic
Shakespeare, an ongoing, open, participatory reading series, held on the
first Monday of each month at the Market Avenue Wine Bar at 2521 Market
Ave. in Ohio City.  We welcome those who would like to take part in the
reading, or those who just wish to listen and enjoy the Wine Bar's
selection of over 75 wines by the glass or 50 craft beers.  Roles are
distributed as people arrive and switched at the end of each act, so
everyone in attendance gets an opportunity to read a variety of parts.  The
atmosphere is very casual - no previous acting experience is necessary -
our only aim is to enjoy ourselves and the text.

This month, we continue in the romantic theme with *Love's Labor's Lost* - a
comedy where the lofty mixes with the lusty. The King of Navarre and his
three cohorts pledge a vow to avoid women for three years and concentrate
on their studies. Of course, when a witty and lovely princess visits the
kingdom with her entourage of women, the men cannot help but succumb to
nature, and start concocting plans to sidestep their vows.

NOTE: This is a change from previously-published schedules. We will be
reading CORIOLANUS in July.

We will have a limited number of scripts available, so please bring your
own copy if you have one.

For more information on this series or our 2012 summer season, "like" the
Cleveland Shakespeare Festival's Facebook
page<https://www.facebook.com/CleveShakes>,
or follow us on Twitter (@CleveShakesFest) or visit our website at
www.cleveshakes.org.