[NEohioPAL] (Heads Up Arts Radio) Episode 50: High "FiveOne Experimental Orchestra"

Heads Up Productions info at headsupproductions.net
Tue Jun 12 20:23:53 PDT 2012

The newest Heads Up Arts Radio is is now posted!

HUAR is a weekly internet radio show, highlight guests from the arts
community of Northeast Ohio

Episode 50: High "FiveOne Experimental Orchestra"
“I’m always rooting to hear the best piece of music I’ve ever
heard.”

The Versatility of a Modern Day Composer
FiveOne Experimental Orchestra - a Music Collective
The Perfect Combo: Blending contemporary art with popular music
Three ways to experience music: Write it, Create it, Perform It
Pandora Robertson and 13 Most American Dreams
Art Installations at The Sculpture Center
It’s not about the ego, it’s about the art
Collaboration as a teaching tool
In film you tend to work WITH or FOR a Director
Real art creates a dialogue by communicating clearly
Michael blows our minds – “What is noise!? What is music!?”
No major developments in music over the past 30 to 40 years
John Cage and Philip Glass are highly overrated (link)
Michael and his wife adopted twins from Ethiopia!
Like She Said, Everything’s Fine
FiveOne’s “freely improvised sound collages”
Fiveonemusic.org
“The more you study something that is artful, the more you get out of
it.”
The shocking story of Sonic Cinema
Benjamin is directing the composer
The look but don’t touch aspect of music
Iconoclastic – Furthering the Principles of American Music
The Five-One Progression
Developing a personal relationship with the audience
Michael can see music!
College: The Modern Day Aristocracy
Alarmel Sound, So Percussion and the Public Library
Modern Day Composers as Craftsmen
Michaelbratt.com
Contact us at:

podcast at headsupproductions.net

www.facebook.com/headsupproductions

www.twitter.com/headsuptheatre

www.headsupproductions.net

Donate:

www.headsupproductions.net/donate

Check out www.headsupproductions.net to listen.

We are on iTunes. Search "Heads Up Arts Radio" to subscribe!