[NEohioPAL] a thought on publicity

Aaron Collier pettrucci4life at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 17 17:41:11 PDT 2012

Robert, Great points! Glad to see you mention this.
Just to contribute a couple of thoughts.
While that type of publicity, as Chris mentioned, is not just a Cleveland issue. I will say, since moving to CLE four years ago, we've got to get away from being an import culture. It's so remarkably generic and uninspiring.
I'm interested in supporting and taking pride in organic, original, artists-- who are-- living, breathing, and creating.
We must highlight the artists we have HERE or are contributing HERE. We must believe that art and plays can be done wonderfully and uniquely HERE as well as THERE. If not, then why do the play?
Lines like "Bringing Hollywood to Cleveland" and the fawning over a coast-centric industry by dropping the name of some soap star who once played the lead in some play that is being produced, is for me, difficult to bear at times.
Aaron Calafato

Actor/Writer/Storyteller
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Aaron-Calafato/163472294920