[NEohioPAL] Introducing The Cardboard Box Players

Margaret Reardon margaret_reardon at att.net
Mon Jun 18 20:08:01 PDT 2012

The Cardboard Box Players, featuring Adam Cooper and Kelsey Bowen on vocals, and
Kyle Lorek on piano, did an outstanding job in one of their first productions, A
Summer In Ohio: A Father's Day Cabaret, this past Sunday at the Beachwood
Library.

This is a brand new theater company you should know about!

"Why are they  called The Cardboard Box Players, you ask?

There are 3 simple explanations behind the name:

"When I was a young kid, I used to make my garage into a theatre. I strung
mismatching bedsheets from a rope, had lights hanging from the rafters and used
boxes as the set. It's this kind of creativity and imagination that is my vision
for The Cardboard Box Players." -Founder, Adam Cooper

Cardboard is something that is able to be recycled and reused again and again,
and that is also an important issue to us. We plan to use much more than just
cardboard in our sets, and like cardboard, we want to be able to reuse set
materials as much as possible to reduce the overall waste. Another way we plan
on doing this is by up-cycling materials which are not suitable for sets and
making them into items for our gift shop.

Aside from all of this, we are quite literally a company that packs up their
things and moves it from place to place out of a cardboard box.

To find out more aboutThe Cardboard Box Players, Follow them on Facebook at
https://www.facebook.com/Thecardboardboxplayers
or email thecardboardboxplayers at gmail.com

Enjoy! Margaret

Margaret Reardon Marketing