[NEohioPAL] CAMEO CELEBRATES PERFORMING ARTS CENTER’S 10th ANNIVERSARY WITH TWO MUSICALS

Terry Stancin Spetrino tstancin57 at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 4 14:30:53 PDT 2012

CAMEO CELEBRATES PERFORMING ARTS
CENTER’S 10th ANNIVERSARY WITH TWO MUSICALS IN JULY AND AUGUST

MEDINA, Ohio, July 4, 2012– Production
is currently underway for two ambitious CAMEO shows to be performed this
summer.  CAMEO’s two productions will take
an innovative approach this year – both musicals will be performed on one
stage, on the same day. “Little Women, the Broadway Musical” and “Macbeth, a
Rock Opera” will be performed at the Medina Performing Arts Center.

The two shows are very different, but will offer Medina audiences the best of
both worlds. Casts and crews are hard at work to pull off the difficult feat of
staging two shows in one theater. Producer Mike Sferro says this is a unique
and challenging opportunity. “Accepting the challenge to produce two large yet
completely different shows on the same stage was one that I didn’t have to
think twice about.  Our amazing
production team will handle with ease the tasks of transforming our stage from
1860’s New England for Little Women to our own rock-show inspired world of
MacBeth”

2012 is the 10th anniversary of the Medina Performing Arts Center, a
stunning facility and source of community pride that has entertained tens of
thousands of patrons since opening in 2002.  CAMEO, as the Artist-in-Residence, provides members of the Medina
community the opportunity to work in the facility and perform on its
stages.  An anniversary celebration is
planned for Little Women’s opening night of July 27th.

“Little Women” is directed by Medina High School graduate and CAMEO alumni, Rachel Spetrino. Spetrino says, “the two productions are very different in genre, but I think
the audiences will notice they come from the same vein. Both shows explore
themes of ambition, morality, and destiny.” She notes that the double
production will prepare young actors for future careers at equity houses.

Bill Hoffman, director of “MacBeth, a Rock Opera,” says the shows will leave
audiences wanting more. “Opera and progressive rock?
Yes, that's a good combination. Throw in ambition, greed and murder and, I
would say, we've got a winning formula for this new Rock Opera.”  The composer and lyricist – Kenneth Kacmar –
is a Cleveland native who currently works in New York City.  He is in Medina for the summer working with
the cast to premier his original work at the Performing Arts Center.

“Little Women” performances are July 27, 28, August 2, 3, 4 at 7:30 pm, and July
29 & August 5 at 2 pm. Look
for “MacBeth” to hit the stage on July 20, 21, 26, 19 at 7:30 pm, and July 22,
28 at 2:00 pm. More information is available on CAMEO’s website, www.cameo-medina.org.
Cameo provides the greater Medina community with
quality theatrical and artistic opportunities and is the resident artist of the
Medina Performing Arts Center.