[NEohioPAL] Fairmount Center is seeking actors (all ages) for a PAID in-school touring production

Sean Szaller seanszaller at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 23 12:50:23 PDT 2012

Hi Cleveland Theater Friends,

 I have just been hired to direct a local
touring production of a new show called "Legally Addicted." It's being
produced by the Fairmount Center and is written by Jacqi Loewy. The
piece is designed to educate people on the dangerous rising trend of
prescription-drug abuse.

I will be looking for 8 actors: 2
teenage males (to play HS seniors), 1 teenage female (to play HS
senior), 1 boy (to play 8-10 yrs old), 2 adult males (1 to play
20's-30's, the other to play 30's-50's), and 2 adult females (both to
play 30's-50's).

**This production will be double cast in order to facilitate the touring nature of it**

ALL ROLES WILL RECEIVE PER-PERFORMANCE STIPENDS (in other
words...you'll get paid)!!! All roles are available, and we will be able to utilize a few AEA contracts (LOA Per-Performance Agreement).

Auditions will be held July 30th and 31st BY APPOINTMENT ONLY. We may hold additional auditions on August 1st if
necessary. You need to prepare a contemporary monologue that is
approximately 1-minute in length. Call-backs will be Thursday, August
2nd. Rehearsals will begin mid-August - exact schedule will
be determined upon casting. The show opens with a 1-night only
performance on September 10th at the Mayfield Village Civic Center (the
same location as the rehearsals).

PLEASE NOTE: Since this
production will tour to approximately 15-20 different venues during the
2012/2013 school-year (including shows during the day), it's very
important that actors have some schedule flexibility and reliable
transportation.

IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN AUDITIONING OR RECEIVING MORE INFORMATION: Please email me at SeanSzaller at yahoo.com.

Thanks everyone,

Sean Szaller