[NEohioPAL] 48hr Film Music/Composer

Jason Vidmar jamcvid at gmail.com
Wed Jul 25 12:17:21 PDT 2012

This weekend (July 27-30th) is the 48hr Film Festival in Cleveland.  For
those not familiar with the 48hr Film Fest, it's where teams 48hrs to
write, produce, edit, and deliver a 4-7min movie.  Please visit
www.48hourfilm.com for more information.

I am in, last minute, need of a composer/musician to score this years
submission.  I do not know the story yet, not until Friday night, so I
don't have any information on what kind of music is need - part of the
fun.  How this works is teams pick a genre from a hat, and are then given a
line of dialogue, prop, and character that must be used in some way in the
film.  All the writing will take place Friday night after 7pm or so.  If
you are someone who is interested in joining my team, please contact me
below so we can talk further.

A few notes:

This is an amateur competition and there will be no compensation, as it is
against the rules.  However, all the submissions will be screened at Tower
City Cinemas the follow week, and judged by a panel of judges.  Among the
many categories judged, is Best Score.  Of course you will be credited.

The composer would not be required to show up to the shoot or anything
else, unless of course they wanted to.  I would really only need someone to
be available Sunday.  Typically how I've done it in the past, is sending a
rough cut early Sunday morning to the composer who would record something
and send that over to me - then we would work together from there - it was
a pretty smooth process.

If you are a Musician and/or Composer and would be interested in joining
the team, please contact me:

Thank you very much

Jason Vidmar

jamcvid at gmail.com