[NEohioPAL] The Hardest Thing I've Done...

Heads Up Productions info at headsupproductions.net
Tue Jul 31 09:57:33 PDT 2012

The Hardest Thing I've Done...

A new essay about acting by managing artistic director, Benjamin
Rexroad.

I trace the droplet of sweat from the center of my forehead and down
the end of my nose to where it hits the floor. It gathers on my back,
just below the waistband of my pants. My knees lock like twigs about
to snap. I know I’m supposed to be doing something, but for the life
of me I can’t grasp exactly what that is. I open my mouth to speak but
the only thing that comes out is a dull, “uuuuhhhhh…”

Standing in front of an audience, my body betrays me.

Acting is one of the hardest things I’ve done– you have to memorize
copious amounts of text, develop a repeatable score of actions, engage
your inner life, eradicate psychophysical blocks, strip away habits,
peel off your life masks, take criticism from the director (and
eventually the audience), and then do it all again.

                                            Visit http://www.headsupproductions.net
  to continue reading!