[NEohioPAL] Join Host Robin Swoboda for a Cleveland Filmmkers Event at the Capitol Theatre!

CINEMA Cleveland info at cinemacleveland.com
Tue Jul 31 16:02:08 PDT 2012

Cleveland, We Love You is a collaborative
event between Gordon Square Arts District, CINEMA Cleveland and 1031 Films to
celebrate the Cleveland independent film community. Every year dozens of
independent films are made by homegrown local talent. Hundreds of producers,
writers, directors, actors and crew put gallons of blood, sweat and tears into
movie projects that make Cleveland one of the top indie film communities in the
country.

In 2011 1031 Films, headed by producer Mark
Pengryn and writer/director Eric Swinderman embarked on what has now become the
largest independent film project in the city’s history. The project was
Cleveland, I Love You, a collaboration of seven local directors, five writers,
more than 140 local actors and dozens of crew members making up 11 vignettes
about love in the city of Cleveland.

With the addition of such Hollywood talent as
Busy Philipps (Dawson’s Creek, Cougar Town) and Gillian Jacobs (Community)
along with noted director and Shaker Heights native Jamie Babbit (Smash,
Gilmore Girls) and Emmy Nominated writer Karey Dornetto (South Park, Arrested
Development), what started out as a local project has grown into a nationally
recognized major motion picture.

Also starring in the film are Cleveland media
icons Robin Swoboda and Leon Bibb along with local actors Jeffrey Grover (Take
Shelter) and George Roth (Batman), making this film one of the most exciting
projects ever to come out of Cleveland.

Cleveland, We Love You is truly a celebration
of this landmark project, which hopes, through its success, to pave the way for
hundreds of future independent features to find critical and financial success,
making Cleveland the national benchmark for all independent film communities.

On September 6, 2012 Gordon Square Arts
District in association with CINEMA Cleveland will present a night of Cleveland
film at the historic Capitol Theater. The audience will be treated to an
extravagant cocktail reception with the producers and directors of Cleveland, I
Love You, followed by several short films by the film’s directors, all leading
up to the world premiere of the Cleveland, I Love You trailer. The night will
culminate with a question and answer session with the film’s creators.

Join us on September 6, at the Capitol
Theater for this exclusive one night only event celebrating the city, its arts
and the talented filmmakers and actors who have called Cleveland home.
For more information and to purchase tickets visit www.clevelandweloveyou.com