[NEohioPAL] CPT announces new fulltime position

Raymond Bobgan RBobgan at cptonline.org
Thu Aug 16 08:47:51 PDT 2012

Cleveland Public Theatre (www.cptonline.org<http://www.cptonline.org>) announces a new staff position: The New Play Associate. The New Play Associate is a mentee or early-career position. The Associate will provide managerial and operational support to CPT's four developmental series: Springboard, a two week staged reading series for local playwrights; Leap/Conceive a weekend work-in-progress showcase for creators working outside the conventional script-based process; Big Box a two month series that features world premiere performance of varied disciplines and aesthetics; and The Darkroom, a monthly "open-mic" style play reading series. CPT produces 12 plays a year, and typically half of these are world premieres, which the Associate may be involved with as support staff. The Associate will work with CPT artistic staff to initiate a new Playwright Fellowship program. The Associate will help regionalize CPT's local new-play development efforts and by planning and implementing new marketing and recruiting efforts. The Associate will participate artistically in new play development in ways that align with their skillset and interests. This is a new position that we expect will evolve over the course of time. The successful candidate will be collaborative, eager to learn, obsessed with working in the theatre, and have experience developing new plays. We are seeking someone who can contribute on the artistic side, but also has excellent logistic skills.  CPT has an intense working environment with long working hours, but we have fun and love what we do. We value hard work, kindness generosity, passion, and grace-under-pressure. Salary range: 26,000-27,000/ annually, with some benefits. To apply, send resume and cover letter (up to two pages) to rbobgan at cptonline.org<mailto:rbobgan at cptonline.org> . Please put your last name as the Subject followed by "New Play Development Associate."

Raymond Bobgan
Executive Artistic Director
Cleveland Public Theatre
216-631-2727 x202