[NEohioPAL] Writers Conference this Sat 8/18 in Euclid

Jennifer Overstreet jennifer_writes at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 16 13:09:39 PDT 2012

http://skylinewriters.wordpress.com/

Subject: 2012 Skyline Writers Conference

Constant Contact
          2012 SKYLINE WRITERS CONFERENCE
Join the Tradition of Hundreds of Writers
and Come to Skyline's Annual Conference this August

Skyline Writers, organized in 1983, has been bringing good programming to writers for many years.  This year is no different.  On Saturday, August 18, David Giffels, James Barnes, and Mary Turzillo will speak about writing and getting published.

The fun begins at 9AM with breakfast.  At 9:30, writer David Giffels will speak on "Looking Back: Taking the Reflective Turn in Personal Essay Writing."  James Barnes, owner of Loconeal Publishing and a writer, will take over the podium at 11AM with a talk on "Before (and After) the Writing is Done."  Our traditional potluck lunch will be served at 12:15, and at 1:30PM, novelist Mary Turzillo will tell us what we need to know about "Keep those Pages Turning: How to Use Conflict to Make Fiction More Compelling." Those who have been at Skyline Conferences in the past know how important critique is to this group--The Feedback Booth will open at 3PM.

We will meet at a new location this year--Henn Mansion at 23131 Lakeshore Boulevard, Euclid, Ohio 44123.  For more information, go to The Skyline Website.  The cost is $60 for members and $75 for non-members; the registration form is on the website.

Plan to be part of this networking and learning experience. Register today so you don't miss out.

Claudia Taller

Questions? Call 216.548.1444 or e-mail sklyineconf at aol.com.

Forward this email

This email was sent to jennifer_writes at yahoo.com by claudia.taller at yahoo.com |
Igniting Possibilities| 26408 Chapel Hill Drive| North Olmsted| OH| 44070