[NEohioPAL] Fw: Amy Mihaljevic: TV Crime Show needs help from the arts community.

Shawn Rech shawn at crimestopperstelevision.com
Wed Aug 22 12:12:10 PDT 2012

This is for the "Crime Stoppers Case Files" program that airs in Cleveland, Saturdays at 7PM on WKYC Channel 3 (NBC).  It's produced by Pinpoint Media for Crime Stoppers.

This Saturday morning, we'll be re-enacting the abduction of Amy Mihaljevic from Bay Square Shopping Center in Bay Village.  The crime occurred 23 years ago (1989).

This will likely be the most watched episode in the program's history, possibly attracting over 250,000 viewers.

It is a "period piece" and will be tough to pull off.  We need the following from those willing to help the non-profit Crime Stoppers organization and possibly make a difference in this case:

1.) A young actress to play the victim. Amy was 11 and a "tom boy."  If you'd like a photo of Amy, please request it by email.
2.) 15-20 young actors and actresses to play her classmates.  At the time all of her classmates were Caucasian, and would be wearing late 80's-style Summer/Fall clothing.  They would range from 10-14 years old.
3.) Cars from the 70's and 80's. No modifications please (i.e. modern wheels).  Specifically we need a Gold Pontiac, and several other cars to park at the shopping center.
4.) Leather riding boots similar to those in the attached poster, for the young actress to wear.
5.) While we have someone who could play the killer, we could always upgrade.  If anyone knows someone who looks like the man attached, we'd be interested.  If you'd like the sketch of the killer, please request it by email.

If anyone knows of a good resource for 1980's clothing, or could act as a volunteer stylist for this shoot, we'd sure appreciate it.

Anyone involved will receive IMDB credit and a copy of the program.  The two leads (victim and killer) will be paid.

Are you interested in helping?  If so, please contact:

Shawn Rech
Pinpoint Media
216-443-0477 office
440-864-5882 mobile