[NEohioPAL] Murder, Greasepaint, Improv, Carnage - September News from CVLT

Chagrin Valley Little Theatre cvlt at cvlt.org
Tue Sep 4 07:41:40 PDT 2012

CVLT Monthly Email

Trouble viewing this email? See it on the web at
http://www.cvlt.org/monthlymail.htm <http://www.cvlt.org/monthlymail.htm>

  _Chagrin Valley Little Theatre
  September 2012 News _

www.CVLT.org <http://www.CVLT.org> . 440-247-8955
40 River Street, Chagrin Falls OH 44022

Facebook.com/ChagrinTheatre <http://facebook.com/ChagrinTheatre>
Twitter.com/ChagrinTheatre <http://twitter.com/ChagrinTheatre>

  * *Happening in September...*
      o *September 7 - 8:* MURDER BY THE FALLS: River Street Blues
        <http://www.cvlt.org/83rdSeason/murderbythefalls.php?utm_source=monthlymail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=sept2012>
      o *September 13 - 15:* ROAR of the GREASEPAINT -- SMELL of the
        CROWD
        <http://www.cvlt.org/83rdSeason/greasepaint.php?utm_source=monthlymail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=sept2012>
      o *September 15: *FALL YOUTH THEATER BEGINS - Register NOW!
        <http://www.cvlt.org/youth/index.php?utm_source=monthlymail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=sept2012>
      o *September 23 - November 20:* IMPROV for ACTORS
        <http://www.cvlt.org/83rdSeason/improv.php?utm_source=monthlymail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=sept2012>
        (classes)
      o *September 28 - October 20:* GOD OF CARNAGE
        <http://www.cvlt.org/83rdSeason/godofcarnage.php?utm_source=monthlymail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=sept2012>

  * *Open Auditions for Men...*
      o *September 11 7-9 PM - * */Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor
        Dreamcoat/*
        (Men ages 16 - 40 please come prepared to sing an upbeat song.)
      o */Veronica's Room/* (1 man, late teens/20s needed - email the
        director - lkbenterprises at att.net
        <mailto:lkbenterprises at att.net?subject=Veronica%27s%20Room>)

  * *Coming in October...*
      o *October 20 - 21:* Ghosts, Goblins & Gobbledygook
      o *October 26 - 10:* VERONICA'S ROOM

      *We bid farewell to the 82nd Season, and good friend...*

August was an active month at CVLT! Our summer productions of /Belles/
at the River Street Playhouse and the musical comedy /Hairspray/ on the
main stage both packed the aisles and brought many new faces both to our
stages and our seats. Thought the season has ended, we never stop moving
at CVLT and are already on the edge of the first productions in our
*83rd Season
<http://www.cvlt.org/83rdSeason/index.php?utm_source=monthlymail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=sept2012>*!
If you haven't been a subscriber
<http://www.cvlt.org/subscriptions.php?utm_source=monthlymail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=sept2012>
before, this is a great year to start... you could be *saving over $40!*
Individual tickets are now on sale, but subscriptions remain available.

August was also a bittersweet month, as we bid farewell to Frank J.
Mularo (1935 - 2012), who passed away on August 29th after a long
illness. Frank was a remarkably talented actor and director, beloved by
his fellows on the stage as well as by audiences. He appeared in many
CVLT productions, including several "Murder by the Falls" events, making
his last appearance in 2011's "The Sunshine Boys" at our River Street
Playhouse. Frank served the theater as a member, director, actor, and
friend, and will be missed by all who worked with him here. Visitation
and memorial details can be found on Cleveland.com
<http://obits.cleveland.com/obituaries/cleveland/obituary.aspx?pid=159611895>.
CVLT may be holding its own memorial - details to be posted on our
Facebook <http://www.facebook.com/ChagrinTheatre> page and website
<http://www.cvlt.org?utm_source=monthlymail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=sept2012>.

See you soon,
/Your Friends at CVLT/

    */Murder By The Falls
    <http://www.cvlt.org/83rdSeason/murderbythefalls.php?utm_source=monthlymail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=sept2012>/*

*September 7 & 8
Friday & Saturday night at 8 PM*

Writtenby Greta & Andrew Rothman
Directed by Greta Rothman

*TICKETS: *$50 ($25 tax deductible)

*Space is limited and tickets always sell fast!*
*TICKETS BY PHONE / IN PERSON ONLY!
440-247-8955*

Murder by the Falls kicks off each new season at CVLT with an original
audience-participation comedy/mystery. Money raised from this highly
popular event goes to the general operating expenses of the theatre.
Audience 'Deputies' will be grouped 8 per squad. You may choose your
fellow Deputies or the Chief (CVLT) will assign your partners for you.

7:00 - Hors d'oeuvres and beer/wine cash bar at the Theatre
8:00 - Act I, in which the crime is committed.
8:45 - Your team search for clues in the windows of stores in the
Village and interviews characters on the street.
9:15 - Return to 'Headquarters' for catered dessert as your team decides
on a solution to the mystery
10:00 -- Act II -- The criminal is uncovered and prizes are awarded to
the team who was closest to the answer!

This year, you and your fellow detectives will be asked to help solve
"RIVER STREET BLUES". When Chagrin police arrest a man for trying to
break into the old IVEX paper mill, and he is later found dead in police
custody, even the cops become suspects! Plenty of intrigue and
belly-laughs await you and your fellow deputies!

Sponsored by Mike Cassidy, Nancy Rogoff, Jo Ann and Tom Neff, Hamlet
Retirement Community, Peter and Molly Balunek, Vintage Wine
Distributors, Casey and Signe Forbes, The CVLT Women's Committee, Janis
Evans, Evans Printing Company, Bravo! Cucina Italiana, Gamekeepers
Taverne, Junction Auto, Harris Realty, Chuck's Fine Wines, Jean and Gary
Hood, Jack and Janet Henry, Juicy Lucy, Dewey's Coffee, Mayor Tom and
Louise Brick, Steve and Marilyn Eva, Nancy and Dennis Schramm, Skip and
Susan Stone, Hope and Bob Lomas, John and Carole Kusik, Cindy Grant and
Rich Warden, Mary Ann and Ed Ponce, Jenny Campbell, Sally Lang

    */The Roar of the Greasepaint - The Smell of the Crowd
    <http://www.cvlt.org/83rdSeason/greasepaint.php?utm_source=monthlymail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=sept2012>/*

*September 14 - 16, 2012
Friday & Saturday nights at 8 PM
Sunday at 2 PM *

Music & Lyrics by
Leslie Bricusse & Anthony Newley

Directed by Don Edelman
Conducted by Stephen A. Eva
Choreography by Ida Porris
Vocal Direction by Nicholas Wilders

*TICKETS: *$20 all seats

*Buy tickets online at http://www.cvlt.org/82ndSeason/greasepaint.php
<http://www.cvlt.org/82ndSeason/greasepaint.php?utm_source=monthlymail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=sept2012>

or call 440-247-8955*

Steve Eva and Don Edelman team up for the fifth year running to bring
you a special one-weekend-only concert musical event, featuring the
35-piece *Chagrin Falls Studio Orchestra* on stage.

Leslie Bricusse and Anthony Newley's "The Roar of the Greasepaint -- The
Smell of the Crowd" will feature some of the area's finest vocalists,
and the full Chagrin Falls Studio Orchestra on stage, with popular songs
like "Who Can I Turn To?" and "Feeling Good."

The show is a music-hall allegory that examines the British class
structure of the 1960's. "Sir" and "Cocky", who represent the upper and
lower classes, play a game with ever-changing rules advantageous to
"Sir". It is as up to date as ever and particularly relevant on the edge
of election season.

*Starring:* Bob Keefe, Dan Hoy, Caitlin Houlahan, Evie Koh, Brian Keith
Johnson*, and Jerry Schaber.

*Featuring:* Sophi Dennis, Jeanne Greminger, Sophie Longo, Emily
McCulley, Ashleigh Nagy, and Lilly Saunders

* Actor's Equity

    */God of Carnage
    <http://www.cvlt.org/83rdSeason/godofcarnage.php?utm_source=monthlymail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=sept2012>/*

*September 28 - October 20
Friday & Saturday nights at 8 PM*

Writtenby Yasmina Reza
Translated by Christopher Hampton
Directed by David Malinowski

*TICKETS: *$16 regular, $12 students & seniors
(Contains mature themes and language.)

*Buy tickets online at http://www.cvlt.org/82ndSeason/godofcarnage.php
<http://www.cvlt.org/82ndSeason/godofcarnage.php?utm_source=monthlymail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=sept2012>

or call 440-247-8955*

This triple-Tony-Award-winning comedy is the story of two pairs of
parents, one of whose child has hurt the other at a public park. They
meet to discuss the matter like civilized adults.

Alan (Tim Coles), is a lawyer who is never off his mobile phone. His
wife, Annette (Evie Koh) is in "wealth management"... specifically her
husband's wealth... and consistently wears good shoes. The other boy's
father, Michael (Mark DePompei), is a self-made wholesaler with an
unwell mother, and his wife, Veronica (Dawn Hill), is writing a book
about Darfur. As the evening goes on, the meeting degenerates into the
four getting into irrational arguments, and their discussion falls into
the loaded topics of misogyny, racial prejudice and homophobia.

The original Broadway production of /God of Carnage/ was the
third-longest running play of the 2000-2010 decade. A film adaptation by
Roman Polanski appeared in 2011.This hysterical tale of parents behaving
badly was described by The New York Post as "gleefully nasty fun," and
The New York Times hailed it as "first class!"

    */Improv for Actors
    <http://www.cvlt.org/83rdSeason/improv.php?utm_source=monthlymail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=sept2012>/*

*September 23 - November 18, 2012
Sundays from 2 - 4:30 PM *

Courses in Improv with Tracy Cubbal

*Tuition: *$150

*Buy tickets online at http://www.cvlt.org/82ndSeason/improv.php
<http://www.cvlt.org/82ndSeason/improv.php?utm_source=monthlymail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=sept2012>

or call 440-247-8955*

Learn the fundamentals of theatrical and comedic improvisation:
agreement, spontaneity, listening, and character. Actors will improve
their ability to develop characters, make bold choices, listen deeply,
use their bodies effectively, and form connections with emotional
authenticity. Students will rediscover the art of play, learn to embrace
failure, and silence the voice of judgment in their heads. Previous
stage experience is desirable but not required. Tracy Cubbal

Tracy Cubbal has been a fixture of the Cleveland improv scene since
2005. She has studied at the Annoyance, iO, and Second City in Chicago
and performed at venues including Big Dog Theater, Cleveland Public
Theatre's Pandemonium, the Columbus Unscripted Improv Festival, the Del
Close Marathon, the Oberlin College Improv Conference, and Chicago's
Playground Theater. Tracy performs with Point of No Return Improv in
Cuyahoga Falls and with Cleveland's only all-female troupe, Angry Ladies
of Improv.

    CVLT's 83rd CONSECUTIVE SEASON
    <http://www.cvlt.org/83rdSeason/index.php?utm_source=monthlymail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=sept2012>

*A SUBSCRIPTION
<http://www.cvlt.org/subscriptions.php?utm_source=monthlymail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=sept2012>
saves you money on our main stage productions throughout the season!*

  * *$100 Flex Pass*
    <http://www.cvlt.org/subscriptions.php?utm_source=monthlymail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=sept2012>
    - 8 tickets to use in any combination for our main stage! (Save up
    to $44!)
  * *$75 Regular/Adult Subscription*
    <http://www.cvlt.org/subscriptions.php?utm_source=monthlymail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=sept2012>
    - Reserved seat at each main stage show (Save $27!)
  * *$65 Senior/Student Subscription*
    <http://www.cvlt.org/subscriptions.php?utm_source=monthlymail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=sept2012>
    - Reserved seat at each main stage show (Save $13!)

*DOWNLOAD AND PRINT A SEASON CALENDAR! (pdf)
<http://www.cvlt.org/83rdSeason/CVLT83rdSeason.pdf>*

      MURDER BY THE FALLS: River Street Blues
      <http://www.cvlt.org/83rdSeason/murderbythefalls.php?utm_source=monthlymail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=sept2012>//
      September 7 - 8, 2012

      THE ROAR OF THE GREASEPAINT -- THE SMELL OF THE CROWD
      <http://www.cvlt.org/83rdSeason/greasepaint.php?utm_source=monthlymail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=sept2012>
      featuring the CHAGRIN FALLS STUDIO ORCHESTRA
      September 13 - 15, 2012

      GOD OF CARNAGE
      <http://www.cvlt.org/83rdSeason/godofcarnage.php?utm_source=monthlymail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=sept2012>
      September 28 - October 20, 2012

            Ghosts, Goblins & Gobbledygook
            <http://www.cvlt.org/83rdSeason/ghostsgoblins.php?utm_source=monthlymail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=sept2012>
            (October 20 - 21, 2012)

      VERONICA'S ROOM October 26 - November 10, 2012
      at The River Street Playhouse, 56 River St.

            Youth Theater Showcase (November 3, 2012)

      JOSEPH AND THE AMAZING TECHNICOLOR DREAM COAT
      November 16 - December 16, 2012

      WONDER OF THE WORLD November 30 - December 15, 2012
      at The River Street Playhouse, 56 River St.

            Holiday Show & Gingerbread Tea (December 8 - 9, 2012)

            Chagrin Falls Studio Orchestra Holiday Concert (December 22
            - 23, 2012)

            New Year's Eve Show - TBA (December 31, 2012)

      THE FOX ON THE FAIRWAY January 18 - February 9, 2013

            Chagrin Falls Studio Orchestra Valentine Concert (February
            15 - 16, 2013)

            Youth Theater Show (February 23 - 24, 2013)

      2 ACROSS March 1 - 16, 2013
      at The River Street Playhouse, 56 River St.

      CURTAINS March 22 - April 20, 2013

            Chagrin Falls Studio Orchestra (May 3 - 4, 2013)

      DONKEY BASEBALL / MRS. MANNERLY May 3 - May 18, 2013
      at The River Street Playhouse, 56 River St.

      SKIN DEEP May 31 - June 22, 2013

      THE 10-10 NEW PLAYS FESTIVAL June 28 - July 13, 2013
      at The River Street Playhouse, 56 River St.

      LEGALLY BLONDE July 19 - August 17, 2013

*BRICK INSTALLATION
IN OCTOBER, ORDER NOW!*

Starting at just $75, you can get your own custom engraved brick paver
in our front entrance sidewalk!

A unique way to commemorate a special occasion or honor that person on
your gift list who's hard to shop for!

We're taking orders now for our next installation of bricks, so visit
http://www.cvlt.org/bricks
<http://www.cvlt.org/bricks/index.php?utm_source=monthlymail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=sept2012>
to order yours today!

*ADVERTISE WITH CVLT!*

Did you know that ticket sales only cover a fraction of what it costs to
put on a show and keep CVLT running?

Your advertisement in our playbill or on our e-ticket not only puts your
business in front of thousands of people, but it helps us to defray the
costs of entertaining and educating the community.

Playbill ads start at just $150 for the season, and on-ticket ads start
at just $100 per quarter. We also offer show sponsorships!

Reserve your space now!
http://www.cvlt.org/advertise
<http://www.cvlt.org/advertise/index.php?utm_source=monthlymail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=sept2012>

We appreciate your support!

*CVLT.org . 440-247-8955
40 River Street, Chagrin Falls OH 44022*

Chagrin Valley Little Theatre is generously funded by Cuyahoga County
residents through Cuyahoga Arts and Culture. The Ohio Arts Council helps
fund our organization with state tax dollars to encourage economic
growth, educational excellence and cultural enrichment for all Ohioans.