[NEohioPAL] Mamai Theatre Company Launches

Bernadette Clemens clemens.bernadette at gmail.com
Thu Sep 6 14:58:43 PDT 2012

*Mamaí Theatre Company has launched!*
*

*Please visit our website at www.mamaitheatreco.org *

*Online ticketing and subscriptions are available!*

*To join our mailing list, please email your snail & email addresses
directly to clemens.bernadette at gmail.com

Mamaí Theatre Company

Presents its inaugural season,
in residence at Ensemble Theatre June – August 2013:

*Euripides’  MEDEA
*

Translation by Brendan Kennelly

Directed by Bernadette Clemens

June 13 - 30, 2013

*and*

*BOSTON** MARRIAGE*

Written by David Mamet

Directed by Christine McBurney

July 18 - August 4, 2013

Performed at Ensemble Theatre in Cleveland Heights, Ohio
AEA contracts available
Company Overview

Mamaí Theatre Company was co-founded in 2010 by Bernadette Clemens, Wendy
Kriss, Christine McBurney, and Derdriu Ring.  Mamaí (pronounced Mah' may)
is the Gaelic word for “mother.”  Four working mothers, theatre artists,
colleagues, and friends arrived at a place where it was time to create
their own opportunities for work.  “Don’t wait to create” became the
inspiration for Mamaí Theatre Company.

>From 2010-2012 we completed a phase of strategic planning and artistic
experimentation, debuting at Cleveland Public Theatre with Samuel Beckett's
COME AND GO as well as original piece TO THE SEA, a deconstruction of John
Synge's RIDERS TO THE SEA with movement technique of Etienne Decroux and
clown technique of Jacques Lecoq. In 2011-2012, we conducted four private
play readings with invited audience and a number of Cleveland’s
professional actors in order to consider future projects.

We look forward to our inaugural season in residence at Ensemble Theatre in
Cleveland Heights and hope to have years ahead of collaboration to share
with our greater community. The co-founders collectively continue to
practice their training while seeking new, stimulating, creative work as
theatre artists. We find contemporary relevance in new conceptions of
classical theatre.

**

*Contact: http://www.facebook.com/MamaiTheatreCo *

**