[NEohioPAL] REMINDER: Brecksville Little Theater Is Holding Auditions for "It's a Wonderful Life - A Live Radio Play"

Margaret Berke l8niter at aol.com
Thu Sep 6 20:15:15 PDT 2012

Brecksville Little Theatre is holding auditions for its upcoming production, “It's A Wonderful Life - A Live Radio Play", written by Joe Landry on Friday, September 7th at 7:30 pm and Saturday, September 8th at 2 pm

Location:    City of Brecksville’s Blossom Hill Complex on Oakes Road, Building 3. As you drive through the complex, look for the sign.  A Brecksville Little Theatre banner on the building’s entrance railing will also identify the audition building.

Cast Needed:    At least 2 females and 3 males as listed below.  Up to 25 total actors are possible (1-10 females and 1-15 males).  Versatility is key because all actors play several characters of various types and ages.
-  Freddie Filmore (The actor playing The Announcer, 13 others)

-  Harry "Jazzbo" Heywood (The actor playing Clarence , 11 others)
-  Lana Sherwood (The actor playing Violet, Rose Bailey, 8 others)
-  Jake Laurents (The actor playing George Bailey, young and adult)
-  Sally Applewhite (The actor playing Mary Hatch, young and adult)
The script also calls for a live sound effects person (male or female).

All roles are open.  No preparation is necessary.

This beloved American holiday classic comes to life on our stage performed as an old-time radio broadcast in front of a 'studio' audience.  The story is about the idealistic George Bailey as he considers ending his life one fateful Christmas Eve ... until he is saved by divine intervention.  Just a few actors play the dozens of Bedford Falls characters, as well as produce all the sound effects.

Performance dates are November 2-3-9-10-11-16-17, 2012.

We are also seeking persons willing to volunteer for backstage positions.

Questions can directed to the director, Marge Berke at (216) 650-9815 or L8Niter at aol.com.  For further information about “It's A Wonderful Life - A Live Radio Play” or Brecksville Little Theatre, call our group’s box office, (440) 526-4477 or visit our website, www.brecksvillelittletheatre.org.