[NEohioPAL] AUDITIONS FOR LCCC THEATRE PRODUCTION

Jeremy Benjamin jbenjami at lorainccc.edu
Tue Sep 11 06:35:45 PDT 2012

Local Actors Need for LCCC¹s Production of ³Eurydice²

Lorain County Community College is looking for actors to audition for the
fall 2012 theatre production, ³Eurydice,² by contemporary American
playwright Sarah Ruhl.

Auditions will be held from 7-10 p.m., Tuesday, September 18 and Thursday,
September 20 in the Studio Theatre of the Stocker Arts Center on the LCCC
campus.

LCCC students and community members are invited to audition. The show will
be directed by Terence Cranendonk and will be performed Thursday-Saturday,
November 15-18 at Stocker Arts Center. Rehearsal will begin Sunday,
September 30.

Ruhl¹s ³Eurydice² retells the myth of Orpheus
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orpheus>  from the perspective of Eurydice
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eurydice> , his wife. The story focuses on
Eurydice's choice to return to earth with Orpheus or to stay in Hades
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hades>  with her father.

Casting All Roles:
Eurydice ­ young adult female
Her Father ­ middle aged male
Orpheus ­ young adult male
A Nasty Interesting Man/The Lord of the Underworld ­ male
Big Stone ­ no specific gender or age
Little Stone - no specific gender or age
Loud Stone - no specific gender or age

Those auditioning must prepare:

1) A two-minute ³mini-performance² that includes both spoken text and a
creative use of objects. The text can come from a play, serious or comic,
but you can also use non-dramatic texts from poems, novels, non-fiction,
etc. The text can be from any time period and in any style. The object or
objects you use can be anything, from a wooden spoon to a bass trombone.
Look for interesting and creative ways you can integrate them with your text
and action‹the sky¹s the limit.

2) A one-minute song. You can sing the song a cappella, or if you play an
instrument, please accompany yourself on the instrument you play. You may
also be asked to read selections from the script and to improvise with other
members of your audition group.

Please be prepared to write down schedule conflicts so that a final
rehearsal schedule may be created.

To make an appointment for an audition day, please call Jeremy Benjamin,
interim director of theatre, at (440) 366-7120. There will be no reserved
time slots, so be prepared to stay for the entire block of time.

For more information on the auditions, please visit
www.lorainccc.edu/auditions <http://www.lorainccc.edu/auditions> .

Jeremy K. Benjamin
Interim Director of Theatre
Production Manager/Technical Director/Designer
Lorain County Community College
(440) 366-7120
jbenjami at lorainccc.edu

³After all of our studies we acquire only that which we put into practice.²

-Goethe