[NEohioPAL] CORRECTED: Auditions for Beck Center Youth Theater’s OUR TOWN!

Jonathan Kronenberger jkronenberger at beckcenter.org
Tue Sep 11 11:01:48 PDT 2012

Beck Center for the Arts Youth Theater is scheduling auditions for the final production of our 2012-2013 Season:

Our Town

Written by Thornton Wilder

Directed by Jonathan Kronenberger

Narrated by a stage manager and performed with minimal props and sets, audiences follow the Webb and Gibbs families as their children fall in love, marry, and eventually—in one of the most famous scenes in American theatre—die. Our Town reminds us to recognize that life is both precious and ordinary, and that these two fundamental truths are intimately connected.

Audition dates:
(open to all registered Beck Students ages 6 to 19)
Saturday, September 15: 2:30 to 6:30 pm
& Sunday, September 16: 1:00 to 5:00 pm
Callbacks: Monday, Sept. 17 from 5:00 - 7:30pm

Please sign up for a one hour time slot at Beck Center’s Customer Service Desk (216.521.2540 x10).

What to Prepare:

Students are asked to prepare a short speech.  Older actors should present their audition monologue.  Younger and/or newer actors can use a simple nursery rhyme or poem to recite. Memorization is encouraged.

Rehearsals: September 24  – October 27, 2012
Mon, Tue, Weds, Thurs, Fri: 5:00 pm – 8:00pm
Saturdays: 2:30pm – 6:30pm; Sundays: 1:00-5:00pm
Please be advised that we will not use all the weekday or weekend times, we are just seeing what days work best for schedules. Also, not all cast members will be required to attend every rehearsal or the full time. An initial rehearsal schedule will be distributed at the first rehearsal and parent orientation.

Tech Week:  October 28 – October 31, 2012
Sunday from 1:00 – 9:00pm and Weekdays 5:00-9:00pm

All cast members are required to attend ALL rehearsals during
Tech Week.  Again, the full time may not be needed. We most likely will not rehearse on Halloween.

Performance dates:  November 1-4, 2012
Mackey Main Stage Theater
All cast members are required to attend ALL Performances!
Student Matinee: Thursday, November 1 at 10:00am
   (NOTE: This will require missing school that morning.)
Friday, November 2 at 7:30pm
Saturday, November 3 at 3:00pm
Sunday, November 4 at 3:00pm

Auditions are open to all Beck Center of the Arts students registered for 2012 Fall classes ... in any of our areas: dance, music, theater, visual arts and creative arts therapies. Classes started September 8 but there are some openings remaining - so there isn’t a moment to lose!

Stop by the Beck Center for the Arts at 17801 Detroit in Lakewood, enroll online at www.beckcenter.org<http://www.beckcenter.org> or call 216-521-2540 x10 and sign up for classes and auditions today!

We'll see you at the auditions!

* * * * *
Beck Center is located at 17801 Detroit Avenue in Lakewood, Ohio.  Beck Center for the Arts is a not-for-profit 501(c)3 organization that offers professional theater productions on two stages, arts education programming in dance, music, theater, visual arts, early childhood, and creative arts therapies for special needs students, and gallery exhibits featuring local and regional artists. For more information about the Beck Center, visit our website at www.beckcenter.org<http://www.beckcenter.org>.