[NEohioPAL] Guy Pernetti-FREE noontime concert Fri Sept 14th at TrueNorth

Brian Bowers brianjefferybowers at gmail.com
Wed Sep 12 17:43:04 PDT 2012

SHEFFIELD VILLAGE, OHIO – “I can’t think of a performer,” says noon concert
host Brian
Bowers, ”who has been a better friend to French Creek Nature and Arts
Center or one who has
played more shows for us.”

Sammon is talking about Kent, Ohio based Guy Pernetti, one of the perennial
favorites at the
different venues presented by TrueNorth Cultural Arts and French Creek.
Rick Fortney, Director
of TrueNorth, agrees. “Guy is an excellent guitarist and he always attracts
an audience looking
for his very particular combination of blues, traditional and original
music.”

Now in his fourth year of appearances at events like the noon-time concert
and ArtsFest, Guy
Pernetti brings years of performance experience and a small pile of
different guitars to each
performance. With a specialty in slide guitar style, Guy combines a
lifetime of experience with
a warm on-stage presence that invites the audience into his music in a way
that few other
performers can accomplish. He weaves the story of the songs he’s playing
into his introductions
and explains the origins of many of his original tunes making the sum of
the show much greater
than the individual parts.

“Last year,” Bob Sammon remembers, “I introduced Guy and just sat back and
enjoyed the
show. The hour went by much too quickly and I think the audience agreed
with me on that point.
Many of the folks stayed after the show to talk to Guy about his guitars
and his songs.”

The French Creek Nature and Arts Center Noon-time concert for September
will be on Friday
the 14th.

In addition to the concert, the Eight Note Cafe will be open for those
interested in a light lunch. TrueNorth
Cultural Arts is located in the French Creek Nature & Arts Center, 4530
Colorado Ave, Sheffield Village 44054,
just 10 minutes West of Crocker Park and 25 minutes from downtown.

*Brian Bowers*
*TrueNorth Cultural Arts*
*(440) 949-5200*
www.TNCArts.org