[NEohioPAL] Theater Ninjas Open the Doors on Marble Cities! Nov. 1-17

Renee Schilling marketing at theaterninjas.com
Sun Sep 30 14:16:36 PDT 2012

*

Theater Ninjas Open the Doors on Marble Cities

World Premiere dives into power, secret societies and the ability to change
the world

CLEVELAND (September 21, 2012)  – This November, Theater
Ninjas<http://www.theaterninjas.com/>invites Cleveland audiences to
explore the world of Marble
Cities, an original new performance by the acclaimed theater group.
 Artistic Director Jeremy Paul brings together an ensemble of local artists
to explore fate, desire and future of the universe. Taking its name from an
Augustus Caesar quote (“I found Rome a city of bricks and left it a city of
marble.”), the performance is about power; how people obtain it, use it and
keep it.

Artistic Director Jeremy Paul found inspiration for this play in the way
power and imagination intersect. “No matter if you believe in secret
societies or magic or shadow governments, I think everyone desires a better
world. We have these dreams in our minds, but rarely find the means to make
them real, to make the world fit our fantasies. Whether it’s American
politics or conquering our personal demons, the path to change is not
always clear. We wanted to make a play about the lengths people go to
affect the future.”

The fate of Cleveland looms large over the production. “Cities are a
concrete connection between who we are as individuals and who we are as a
nation,” says director Paul.  “As Cleveland artists, we are interested in
what makes cities succeed and what makes them fail–and what our role is in
the future of our community.  Buried underneath the rituals and
conspiracies of Marble Cities are the questions ‘What role do you play in
Cleveland’s identity? Can an individual truly make a difference or are the
reins of power just too far out of reach?’”

Theater Ninjas Associate Artistic Director Ray Caspio also points to
Cleveland as a major inspiration for the devised work. “Cleveland and its
people are the heart of Marble Cities. Most of us are native Clevelanders –
we've been through the ups, the downs, and the ups with everybody else.”

Marble Cities is an original, devised show created by an artistic ensemble
of Theater Ninjas veterans and some dynamic new faces: Davis Aguila, Ray
Caspio, Brittany Gaul, Ryan Lucas, Cassie Neumann, Michael Prosen, Emily
Pucell and Colleen Uszak. Designers include Benjamin Gantose (lighting),
Kevenn T. Smith (costumes), Val Kozlenko (set) and installation design by
Joan Hargate. This unique performance is taking place in the historic Ohio
City Masonic Temple.

More adventurous patrons have the option of purchasing a “Master
Apprentice” ticket. This ticket includes early admittance to the show and a
chance to participate in an exclusive secret ritual. “Master Apprentice”
tickets have limited availability and have to be reserved at least 24 hours
before the event.

Theater Ninjas was founded in 2006 with the goal of creating
out-of-the-ordinary theatrical experiences. Theater Ninjas’ 2012-13 season
is generously funded by the citizens of Cuyahoga County through Cuyahoga
Arts and Culture and through the Ohio Arts Council. Artistic Director
Jeremy Paul is a recipient of the 2012 Creative Workforce Fellowship award,
which has helped make this new season of work possible.

Marble Cities
Directed and Devised by Jeremy Paul
Created and Performed by Theater Ninjas
Produced in association with Temple King Productions.

Starring Davis Aguila, Ray Caspio, Brittany Gaul, Ryan Lucas, Cassie
Neumann, Michael Prosen, Emily Pucell and Colleen Uszak
Assistant Directed by Ray Caspio

November 1 – November 17

Ohio City Masonic Temple
2831 Franklin Blvd., Cleveland, Ohio 44113

TICKETS: www.theaterninjas.com
Master Apprentice: $30
General Admission: $20
Under 25/Over 65: $15