[NEohioPAL] MONDAY NIGHT SHAKESPEARE! Henry V at Open Mic Shakespeare

Brian Pedaci bpedaci at gmail.com
Sun Sep 30 20:26:14 PDT 2012

Are you ready for some Shakespeare?  Come and take a part in OPEN MIC
SHAKESPEARE, an ongoing series of free, open readings of Shakespeare plays
sponsored by the Cleveland Shakespeare Festival.

On Monday, October 1 at 7pm, we’ll congregate at Market Avenue Wine Bar in
Ohio City. Bring your friends to join in the reading or just listen and
enjoy the wine bar’s selections of over 75 wines by the glass or 50 craft
beers, as well as hors d’oeurves and desserts.

Roles will be assigned at the beginning of the event and rotated throughout
the play without regard to traditional casting considerations, to give a
chance to everyone who wants to read.

This month, we reach the culmination of the "Henriad" tetralogy. Following
the death of his father, the newly-crowned King Henry V strives to unite
his civil war-torn country by launching a campaign for the throne of France
against overwhelming odds. Henry V contains stirring speeches, issues of
war and statesmanship, and one of the most charming wooing scenes in the
entire canon.

We will have a limited number of copies available, so if you have a copy of
your own, please bring it.

You can also receive more information by visiting our blog at
http://openmicshakespeare.blogspot.com/
There, you can subscribe to email updates and get additional background on
the play we'll be reading.