[NEohioPAL] suggestions for category list for Broadwayworld.com Cleveland Awards

Fred Sternfeld fsternfeld at gmail.com
Tue Oct 2 08:03:45 PDT 2012

*There has been some chatter today on the Neohiopal
list<http://lists.neohiopal.org/listinfo.cgi/neohiopal-neohiopal.org>about
the sound design category not being included on the Cleveland
Broadwayworld.com list for their 2012 awards.  *
*
*
*Broadwayworld.com has a listing for each city.  I took a look and each
city has a different list. Here is a page with links to multiple cities:*
*http://broadwayworld.com/pulse/viewblog.cfm?blogid=3606*<http://broadwayworld.com/pulse/viewblog.cfm?blogid=3606>
*
*
*That would seem to indicate that there is no "standard" list and that a
representative from each city is submitting them. I have cc'ed this message
to Roy Berko and to Robert Diamond (editor-in-chief:
Broadwayworld.com)<http://broadwayworld.com/author.php?authorid=1>
.*
*
*
* There are many obvious (and optional) missing categories from the
Cleveland list:*

*Best Light Design*
*Best Sound Design
Best Properties Design*
*Best Musical Director*
*Best Featured Actor / Actress; plays / musicals*
*Best Touring Production*
*Best Musical Production - Local*
*Best Play - Local*
*Best New Work*
*Best Theatre Production for Young Audiences*
*Best Special Event*
*Best Adaptation*
*Best Cabaret Artist*
*Best Professional Theatre*
*Best Community Theatre*
*Best Young Actor (under 25)*
*Best Young Actress **(under 25)*
*Best Dance Production*
*Best Dance Company*
*Best Director -  Musical
Best Director - Play*

*Additionally, it is not clear on the Cleveland page that productions that
opened between September of 2011 and October of 2012 are qualified to be
nominated.  That info is on the same link as above, but not on the
Cleveland page. And, there is no place to type in what producing
organization is tied to any particular production.*
*
*
*If you have other ideas for categories, pass them on to Robert Diamond and
hopefully the list will be revised.*

--
Fred Sternfeld
http://www.fredsternfeld.com