[NEohioPAL] A Faction of Fools at Miller South School VPA

wsd wsd at infionline.net
Sun Oct 7 07:26:04 PDT 2012

20 Year Anniversary Drama Gala Event!

To celebrate the 20th year of Miller South School for the Visual &
Performing Arts, the Drama Department has arranged for Faction of Fools,
Washington, D.C.’s award-winning professional commedia dell’Arte troupe
to perform A Commedia Romeo & Juliet on Saturday, October 13th at 2 PM
in the Margo Snider Theatre.

All tickets for this event are $10 General Admission for ages 9 and up.
Tickets may be ordered via the Drama Box Office at 330-761-3106. All
proceeds to benefit the Drama Department.

The DC troupe will also perform at the University of Akron’s Daum
Theatre on Friday, Oct 12th at 7:30 PM. They will teach commedia
workshops for both Miller South drama students and the University of
Akron theatre students. Out of these performances and workshops, a
collaboration performance project between university theatre education
students and Miller South commedia troupe members will be developed and
presented on February 25, 2013 for International Commedia Day.

Commedia dell’Arte has been an essential core of the drama training
offered at Miller South school since the first year. Miller South’s
commedia troupe has performed locally, around the state and in places as
far as Lincoln, NE, Chicago and NYC.

About Faction of Fools: “Faction of Fools Theatre Company celebrates
Commedia dell'Arte in Washington, DC and around the world. We preserve
and promote this Renaissance theatre style by both respecting its
heritage and exploring its future. We embody the spirit of Commedia,
which is traditional yet innovative, international yet familiar, and
classical yet accessible. In our performances, actor training,
international initiatives, and educational outreach, Commedia dell'Arte
is theatre at its best: physical discipline, spontaneous imagination,
collaborative energy, and joyous wonder. Faction of Fools is a
not-for-profit organization in residence at Gallaudet University.”

Faction of Fools web site: http://www.factionoffools.org/