[NEohioPAL] POSTERS: How to write an EFFECTIVE subject line to make sure the subscribers open your message!!!

Fred Sternfeld fsternfeld at gmail.com
Tue Oct 9 12:31:48 PDT 2012

*Noah Budin and I are constantly rejecting postings because of ineffective
subject lines. We always write back with instructions how to fix them and
ask the poster to resubmit.*
*
*
*Here is a copy and paste of a section from the posting instructions from
the FAQs that deals with subject lines...*
*
*
*Send a clear, concise headline in the subject line including producing
organization, event and any other pertinent information.

For example...
-- "AUDITIONS: Black Nativity @ Karamu"
-- "2 women in their 20's needed for paid film roles"
-- whether the job pays; the roles that are open

Keep your headline as specific as possible -- subscribers will decide
whether to open and read your message based on the subject line. Everyone
always reads all the subject lines, but probably only open 10-20%. YOUR
SUBJECT LINE IS YOUR MESSAGE!

Also, the software will automatically put the prefix [NEohioPAL] before
your subject line when it sends the message out to the subscribers. Do not
put that in yourself.

A suggestion to help assist subscribers in deciding whether to open and
read your email would be to put a prefix before your posting such as:
Audition:, Opinion:, Review:, Sale:, Career:, Event:, Opening:, etc.

And please remember to identify yourself - your message will not be posted
if it is anonymous.*
*
*
*
*
*To read more of the FAQs, check out this
link.<http://www.fredsternfeld.com/faqs.htm>
*

--
Fred Sternfeld