[NEohioPAL] CPT seeks Development Director

Raymond Bobgan RBobgan at cptonline.org
Thu Oct 18 12:11:36 PDT 2012

Cleveland Public Theatre has a position in our progressive theatre for an inspired and energetic Director of Development. CPT is a small to midsized organization dedicated to ground-breaking performance and new play development. We conduct life-changing education programs for underserved youth and adults. The Director is responsible for raising approximately $1m a year through grants, individual-giving, sponsorships and an annual benefit. The position reports to and works closely with the Executive Artistic Director on grant development and building strategies for donor cultivation. There is considerable cross-departmental collaboration among the close-knit staff. A Development Assistant reports to the Director. We seek a fundraising professional with a background in the arts, preferably theatre, who is ready to dedicate him or herself to our mission. The position requires superior written and oral communication skills, experience with database management and an aptitude for building interpersonal relationships with donors. A Bachelor's Degree and minimum three years as a successful fundraiser expected. We value dedication, kindness, passion, and grace-under-pressure. Salary is competitive with theaters of our size. To apply submit cover letter, resume, and writing sample to Raymond Bobgan, Executive Artistic Director by email only rbobgan at cptonline.org<mailto:rbobgan at cptonline.org> . Please put your last name as the Subject followed by "Development Director."  For more information: http://www.cptonline.org/development_director2012.pdf

Cleveland Public Theatre (CPT) is a nationally recognized center for contemporary performance and new plays. A small/ mid-sized organization, with a culture of staff collaboration, our mission is to raise consciousness and nurture compassion through ground-breaking performances and life-changing education programs. CPT is the place to discover original, adventurous and relevant theatre. Each season we produce world premieres of cutting edge theatre, often by local artists, and work that addresses vital community issues. CPT's education programs serve hundreds of disadvantaged youth and vulnerable men and women.

Raymond Bobgan
Executive Artistic Director
Cleveland Public Theatre
216-631-2727 x202