[NEohioPAL] Big Halloween Swing Dance This Saturday, Oct 27th in Lakewood. Nearly 300 dancers attended last year!

Valerie Salstrom info at gethepswing.com
Mon Oct 22 18:07:18 PDT 2012

The Get Hep Swing Halloween dance is one of the biggest swing dances of the year. This dance is not to be missed! This evening we will be combining forces with the blues dance workshop; Blues Anatomy (http://blues.burningriverblues.com/) Their attendees will be joining us this evening and we have made some cool changes to accommodate them. There will be a blues dance contest during one of the band breaks. The band Blues Deville has learned some of your most favorite blues songs that you rarely (if ever) get to hear played live. National blues DJs will entertain you during the band breaks. The dance will go until 1am. We will also have our standard costume contest with prizes given to the top three guys and gals. Prizes are also given to the best group costume. The cost of this dance is still only $12 per person or $10 for students and seniors with a valid ID

Be sure to arrive in time to take part in the easy jitterbug lesson from 8pm to 9pm

Immediately after the lesson (at 9 PM) Blues Deville will kick off an awesome night of music and swing dancing until 1am!

Costumes are definitely encouraged but not mandatory. However, you might feel a little left out if you show up without a costume. People tend to go all out for this one.

Everyone is welcome to come and have fun with us at the swing dance. There is no need to have previous dance experience or a dance partner. The best shoes to wear  are comfortable and not too sticky on the bottom.

The Lakewood Masonic Temple is located at 15300 Detroit Avenue, Lakewood, Ohio 44107. There is a parking lot in the back and plenty of street parking available too. Please enter the building through the front.

Please see www.GetHepSwing.com for the most up to date information on dances, bands playing at the dances, classes, private lessons, school programs, and special topic workshops.

Valerie Salstrom
Owner of Get Hep Swing, Ltd.
216-374-1927