[NEohioPAL] Airing this week on Applause on WVIZ/PBS ideastream

Knowles, Dennis Dennis.Knowles at ideastream.org
Wed Oct 24 14:02:38 PDT 2012

Coming up on Applause on WVIZ/PBS ideastream we flip through the pages of the late Harvey Pekar’s latest graphic novel “Not the Israel My Parents Promised Me” in which he sorts through his complex feelings about Zionism and the state of Israel.   And we take a look at how Cleveland is honoring one of its own – The Man of Steel.  And since the 70’s Richard Gildenmister has been the man to see for a good read.  On the next Applause he shares what’s on his best sellers list.  And we stop by a repair shop for books.
APPLAUSE AIRS THURDAYS AT 7:30 pm, SATURDAYS AT 6:30 pm AND SUNDAYS AT 12:30 pm

Dennis Knowles
Producer
WVIZ/PBS & 90.3 WCPN ideastream®
Idea Center®
1375 Euclid Avenue
Cleveland, Ohio 44115-1835
Phone(direct):  (216) 916-6252

The mission of ideastream is to strengthen our communities...

[http://www.ideastream.org/common/images/logos/trilogo_horz.png]<http://www.ideastream.org>

 Follow us on [http://www.ideastream.org/common/images/icons/facebook.png] <http://www.ideastream.org/about/social>  and [http://www.ideastream.org/common/images/icons/twitter.png] <http://www.ideastream.org/about/social>