[NEohioPAL] Musical Director or Accompanist needed

labuser rjentner90 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 31 08:32:35 PDT 2012

I am looking for a musical director and/or a accompanist who would be willing to volunteer. This is a great resume builder. We will work around everyone's hectic school schedules but since the performance is in the beginning of the year we shouldn't have too much trouble.  For the musical director we will have some rehearsals over break but not too many.  The main rehearsal period will be during the semester in the evenings.

The performance will be in Paul A. Daum Theater on;
February 6th, 7th, and 8th curtain at 8pm.
February 9th curtain at 2pm and again at 8pm.
February 10th curtain at 2pm.

This means that tech week is officially:
Saturday February 2 in the evening
Sunday February 3 all day beginning at 12pm
February 4 and 5 at 6:30pm call.

In addition to the rehearsal process we need an accompanist for the auditions! The Auditions are Monday November 5th from 6:30 to 9:30pm and November 6th from 3 to 5 with possible callbacks on November 7th from 4 to 5:30!

If you can do the auditions and the show great! if only one or the other that is workable too!
My contact info is
Rosilyn J. 330- 962- 0137 or email me at rkj2 at zips.uakron.edu

Thank You!

Also here is the song list for the show:

The Circus Homo Sapien
Circus music chimes will play as pre show music before the show begins
RL = Ring Leader could be male or female
The RL will introduce each theme
Running time estimated at 50 minutes! No intermission.
Join the circus -(Barnum) RL, ensemble
(monologue Intro to show and 1st theme)

LOVE
Ring them bells - (liza with a z) RL, ensemble
We're just friends - (I Love You Because) duet male/female

A Wild, Wild Party - (Wild Party) ensemble

REGRET
Have I stayed too long at the Fair (Barbara Strizand) solo female

No day but today -(Rent) ensemble

COMPANIONSHIP
There's always a woman - (putting it together) duet female

Guy love - (from scrubs) duet male

Coffee and cigarettes - (Never Shout Never) ensemble
A Moral: Carousel -(Jacques Brel) RL, ensemble

Ballet- Send in the Clowns (A Little Night Music) solo (offstage or to the side as background music for the ballet, can be a recording? maybe)

MURDER
If you didn't but you did - (Two on the Isle) solo female

Bottom of the river - (Delta Rae) ensemble

COURAGE
I'm not afraid - (Songs for a New World) solo female

Anything Can Happen If You Let It - (Mary Poppins) RL, trio

Another moral :

LIFE
The Peace table - (The Peace Table) ensemble

Join the circus reprise for curtain call

After the show Imagine by John Lennon will play and circus music chimes will continue