[NEohioPAL] 'Joseph', 'Wonder of the World', Holiday Shows - November News from CVLT

Chagrin Valley Little Theatre cvlt at cvlt.org
Thu Nov 1 12:18:02 PDT 2012

Trouble viewing this email? See it on the web at
http://www.cvlt.org/monthlymail.htm <http://www.cvlt.org/monthlymail.htm>

  CHAGRIN VALLEY LITTLE THEATRE
  _November 2012 News _

www.CVLT.org <http://www.CVLT.org> . 440-247-8955
40 River Street, Chagrin Falls OH 44022

Facebook.com/ChagrinTheatre <http://facebook.com/ChagrinTheatre>
Twitter.com/ChagrinTheatre <http://twitter.com/ChagrinTheatre>

  * *Happening in November...*
      o *Now through 10:* VERONICA'S ROOM
        <http://www.cvlt.org/83rdSeason/veronicasroom.php?utm_source=monthlymail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=nov2012>
        (psycho thriller)
      o *November 3:* Youth Theater Showcase
        <https://app.ticketturtle.com/index.php?show=31607>
      o *November 16 - December 16:* JOSEPH and the AMAZING TECHNICOLOR
        DREAMCOAT
        <http://www.cvlt.org/83rdSeason/joseph.php?utm_source=monthlymail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=nov2012>
        (musical)
      o *November 30 - December 15:* WONDER of the WORLD
        <http://www.cvlt.org/83rdSeason/wonderoftheworld.php?utm_source=monthlymail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=nov2012>
        (absurd comedy)

  * *Coming in December...*
      o *December 1:* Memorial Program for Frank Mularo (details to come)
      o *December 8 - 9:* Holiday Show & Gingerbread Tea
        <http://www.cvlt.org/83rdSeason/gingerbread.php?utm_source=monthlymail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=nov2012>
        (annual Christmas kids event)
      o *December 22 - 23:* Chagrin Falls Studio Orchestra Wassail
        <http://www.cvlt.org/83rdSeason/cfso-holiday.php?utm_source=monthlymail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=nov2012>
        (annual Christmas concert)
      o *December 31:* New Year's Eve with Pat Mazzarino & Friends
        <http://www.cvlt.org/83rdSeason/newyear.php?utm_source=monthlymail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=nov2012>
        (annual New Year's cabaret)

Take our brief survey!
<https://spreadsheets.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dE1NM3NxdzNJRXBNRGVFSjNfOE84Q3c6MQ>

      *A packed October leads into the busy holiday season*...

October was quite a busy month, with /God of Carnage/ leaving audiences
laughing, and the opening of /Veronica's Room/ at the River Street
Playhouse, which has sold out every performance thus far. The theatre
extends its congratulations to CVLT veteran actress Laurel Bryant on
such a successful directorial debut, as well as to Dan Hoy, who appeared
in CVLT's /Roar of the Greasepaint/ earlier this year, on his
outstanding appearance as 'Marius' in Chagrin Falls Performing Arts
Academy's /Les Misérables/. We are always amazed at the talents that
pass through our doors!

The Theatre had its Annual Meeting on October 16, at which the
membership voted to approve extended terms for CVLT Officers and
Committee Heads if so approved in advance by CVLT's Board of Directors.
CVLT also received ringing endorsement from the Cuyahoga Arts & Culture
<http://www.cacgrants.org> (CAC) grant screening committee at its review
meeting. Awards will be announced after approval by the CAC Board of
Directors on November 19.

Looking ahead, our holiday season productions (Joseph
<http://www.cvlt.org/83rdSeason/joseph.php?utm_source=monthlymail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=nov2012>
on the main stage and Wonder of the World
<http://www.cvlt.org/83rdSeason/wonderoftheworld.php?utm_source=monthlymail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=nov2012>
next door) hit the stage this month, and tickets are now selling for our
annual holiday events for Christmas and New Year's. Be sure to get your
tickets in advance!

See you soon,
/Your Friends at CVLT/

    */Veronica's Room
    <http://www.cvlt.org/83rdSeason/veronicasroom.php?utm_source=monthlymail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=nov2012>/*

*Now through November 10, 2012
Friday & Saturday nights at 8 PM*

Written by IRA LEVIN
Directed by Laurel Bryant

*Tickets: *$10
(Contains mature themes and language.)

*Buy tickets online at http://www.cvlt.org/82ndSeason/veronicasroom.php
<http://www.cvlt.org/82ndSeason/veronicasroom.php?utm_source=monthlymail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=nov2012>

or call 440-247-8955*

Chagrin Valley Little Theatre's River Street Playhouse (the 65-seat
sibling to the 262-seat main CVLT house) sets a dark mood with
VERONICA'S ROOM, running Fridays and Saturdays until November 10 under
the direction of Laurel Bryant.

Written by Ira Levin ('Rosemary's Baby', 'The Stepford Wives',
'Deathtrap'), VERONICA'S ROOM is a ghastly melodrama just right for the
Halloween season.

VERONICA'S ROOM is a surprise-filled thriller that walks the line
between fantasy and nightmare. A man and woman (played by Craig Gifford
and Lisa Freebairn-Tarr) have lured a young woman (Natalie Dolezal) and
her friend (Brendon Berns) to the old estate which they care for. The
couple explains to the young woman that she bears a striking resemblance
to Veronica, a deceased girl who once lived there. They ask the young
woman to help them in easing the mind of a dying family member by
impersonating Veronica and pretending that the girl is still alive.
However, once the young woman has been dressed in the Veronica's clothes
and invited to her old bedroom, it becomes clear that things are not,
and no one is, what they appear to be. VERONICA'S ROOM takes audiences
on a downward ride into deceit, madness and murder!

    */Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat
    <http://www.cvlt.org/83rdSeason/joseph.php?utm_source=monthlymail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=nov2012>/*

*November 16 - December 16, 2012
Friday & Saturday nights at 8 PM*
*Sundays Nov. 25, Dec. 2***, Dec. 16 *

Music by ANDREW LLOYD WEBBER &
Lyrics by TIM RICE

Directed by Michael Rogan
Musical Direction by Meghan Strong
Choreographed by Jen Justice

*Tickets: *$18 regular, $14 students and seniors

*Buy tickets online at http://www.cvlt.org/82ndSeason/joseph.php
<http://www.cvlt.org/82ndSeason/joseph.php?utm_source=monthlymail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=nov2012>

or call 440-247-8955*

Few musicals of the 1970s have endured quite like Andrew Lloyd Weber's
JOSEPH. This musical re-telling of the story of JOSEPH from the Book of
Genesis weaves the lyrics of Tim Rice into Webber's memorable pop, rock,
country, and calypso melodies.

JOSEPH is the story of the favorite son of Jacob, who inspires jealousy
in his 11 brothers. The brothers fake Joseph's death, selling him into
slavery. He rises through the ranks of slaves, becoming head of the
house of an Egyptian millionaire. The millionaire's wife's advances land
Joseph in jail, where his ability to interpret the dreams of his fellow
inmates gain the attention of Egypt's Pharaoh. Soon, Joseph is called
upon to save the entire nation!

*** Tickets for the December 2nd matinee are available exclusively
through Friends of WomenSafe, a 501(c)3 non-profit with the sole mission
of generating unrestricted funds for WomenSafe. Since 1980, WomenSafe
has served victims of domestic violence throughout NE Ohio by providing
crisis shelter, counseling, legal advocacy, relocation and therapy
services free of charge. Tickets for the 12/2 matinee only are being
sold exclusively through their organization. If you wish to attend this
performance, we encourage you to call (440) 285-3741 for tickets.

    */Wonder of the World
    <http://www.cvlt.org/83rdSeason/wonderoftheworld.php?utm_source=monthlymail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=nov2012>/*

*November 30 - December 15, 2012
Friday & Saturday nights at 8 PM*

Written by DAVID LINDSAY-ABAIRE

Directed by Yvonne E. Pilarczyk

Starring: Mark DePompei, Don Knepper, David Malinowski, Kathy McPeak,
Catherine Remick, Jerry Schaber, and Kacey Shapiro.

*TICKETS: *$10

*Buy tickets online at
http://www.cvlt.org/83rdSeason/wonderoftheworld.php
<http://www.cvlt.org/82ndSeason/wonderoftheworld.php?utm_source=monthlymail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=nov2012>

or call 440-247-8955*

Cass, in an attempt to leave behind her deadly dull life and husband,
flees to Niagara Falls. There she becomes entangled with various
neurotics --- a heartbroken tour-boat captain, a half-hearted would-be
suicide, a pair of incompetent but heartless private eyes --- all of
whom, before the play is over, discover they are connected in a weird
lattice of coincidence.

David Lindsay-Abaire has a flair for creating quirky but believable
characters and enmeshing them in kooky, unbelievable, entertaining
plots. Like all truly witty comedy writers, he is a poet in disguise,
and as Cass checks items off her list of "things to do in life," she
takes the audience on a hilarious and moving journey.

    Still to come in CVLT's 83rd CONSECUTIVE SEASON
    <http://www.cvlt.org/83rdSeason/index.php?utm_source=monthlymail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=nov2012>

*DOWNLOAD AND PRINT A SEASON CALENDAR! (pdf)
<http://www.cvlt.org/83rdSeason/CVLT83rdSeason.pdf>*

            Holiday Show & Gingerbread Tea (December 8 - 9, 2012)

            Chagrin Falls Studio Orchestra Holiday Concert (December 22
            - 23, 2012)

            New Year's Eve Show - Pat Mazzarino and Friends (December
            31, 2012)

      THE FOX ON THE FAIRWAY
      January 18 - February 9, 2013

            Chagrin Falls Studio Orchestra Valentine Concert (February
            15 - 16, 2013)

            Youth Theater Show (February 23 - 24, 2013)

      2 ACROSS
      March 1 - 16, 2013
      at The River Street Playhouse, 56 River St.

      CURTAINS
      March 22 - April 20, 2013

            Chagrin Falls Studio Orchestra (May 3 - 4, 2013)

      DONKEY BASEBALL / MRS. MANNERLY
      May 3 - May 18, 2013
      at The River Street Playhouse, 56 River St.

      SKIN DEEP
      May 31 - June 22, 2013

      THE 10-10 NEW PLAYS FESTIVAL
      June 28 - July 13, 2013
      at The River Street Playhouse, 56 River St.

      LEGALLY BLONDE
      July 19 - August 17, 2013

*FUNDRAISER BRICKS!
ORDER NOW!*

Starting at just $75, you can get your own custom engraved brick paver
in our front entrance sidewalk!

A unique way to commemorate a special occasion or honor that person on
your gift list who's hard to shop for!

We're taking orders now for our next installation of bricks, so visit
http://www.cvlt.org/bricks
<http://www.cvlt.org/bricks/index.php?utm_source=monthlymail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=nov2012>
to order yours today!

*ADVERTISE WITH CVLT!*

Did you know that ticket sales only cover a fraction of what it costs to
put on a show and keep CVLT running?

Your advertisement in our playbill or on our e-ticket not only puts your
business in front of thousands of people, but it helps us to defray the
costs of entertaining and educating the community.

Playbill ads start at just $150 for the season, and on-ticket ads start
at just $100 per quarter. We also offer show sponsorships!

Reserve your space now!
http://www.cvlt.org/advertise
<http://www.cvlt.org/advertise/index.php?utm_source=monthlymail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=nov2012>

We appreciate your support!

*CVLT.org . 440-247-8955
40 River Street, Chagrin Falls OH 44022*

Chagrin Valley Little Theatre is generously funded by Cuyahoga County
residents through Cuyahoga Arts and Culture. The Ohio Arts Council helps
fund our organization with state tax dollars to encourage economic
growth, educational excellence and cultural enrichment for all Ohioans.