[NEohioPAL] The Bully Project at Miller South VPA

wsd wsd at infionline.net
Sat Nov 10 07:06:28 PST 2012

Miller South School for the Visual & Performing Arts

Drama Department, 1055 East Ave. Akron, OH 44307

/The Bully Project /at Miller South School

The Miller South Drama Department will present /The Bully Project /on
Thursday, Nov 15 at 7 pm, Friday, Nov 16 at 9 am and Saturday, Nov 17 at
7 pm.

/The Bully Project /consists of 10 ten-minute plays that address the
subject of bullying -- from various points of view. The bullying takes
place on different levels: elementary school, middle school, high
school, college and adult life. The plays address the issue using a wide
array of theatrical formats: from circus to ancient Greek myth to comedy
and very serious tragedy. The playwrights have chosen unique and
powerful metaphors to confront bullying, which we hope will stick in the
audience's memory and perhaps influence future actions.

In honor of Miller South School's 20 year anniversary, we welcome back
some alumni who are participating in this production. Co-director Robert
M Keith is a recent theatre education graduate from NYU. Alumni actors
include Pablo Aquart, Krissa Duhon, Jillian Hartline, Hayley Hineline,
Sarah Hineline, and Emily Markuz. They join a cast of fifty 4th - 8th
grade Miller South students. Also directing is Wendy Duke. Technical
Director is "Buffo" Shuff.

Two of the ten plays were written by Miller South Drama alumni: /A Brief
Conversation /is by Katie Markovich, a recent graduate of the College of
Wooster and now establishing her career as a writer/performer in
Chicago. /Jasper's Jewels /is by Lilly Romestant, a second year student
at Oglethorpe University near Atlanta where she is pursuing theatre and
writing. The other plays (published as The Bully Plays collection by
Dramatic Publishing) include: /Nobody Nose the Trouble I?ve Seen /by
Barry Kornhauser; Beasts by Ernie Nolan; /Here be Dragons /by Doug
Cooney; /Blu /by Gloria Bond Clunie; /A Bunch of Clowns /by Sandra
Fenichel Archer; /Happy birthday Heather Higby (I Am Plotting Your Doom)
/by Stephen Gregg; and /Flash Mob /by Elisabeth Wong.

The production takes place in the school's Margo Snider Theatre, located
at 1055 East Ave, Akron, OH 44307. Tickets are Reserved Orchestra
Seating: $10; General Admission: Adults - $7, Students and Senior
Citizens - $5. To make reservations, call the box office at 330-761-3106.