[NEohioPAL] Dobama Ushers needed for last week of A Bright New Boise (11/15 - 11/18)

Lori - Dobama lberenson at dobama.org
Tue Nov 13 09:11:36 PST 2012

We are in need of ushers for the last week of our 2nd Dobama production for
this season, A Bright New Boise, which ends this Sunday, November 18.

If you are interested in volunteering as an usher, please send an e-mail to
lberenson at dobama.org, or call 216-381-3323 during the hours of 9am and 10pm.

Here are the dates for the last week of this production (with arrival times)
that we still need help:

Thurs, 11/15 - 6:15
Fri, 11/16 - 7:00
Sat, 11/17 - 7:00
Sun, 11/18 - 1:15

Here is a list of the positions that I need for each show:

Box Office (1): to assist the Box Office Manager by giving out will-call
tickets to patrons
Concessions (1-2): to be positioned at the concession stand to sell drinks &
snacks, and pour wine for patrons (and ask for donations)
Tickets / programs (1-2): to be positioned at the theatre door to take
tickets and provide programs to patrons
Seater (1): to help patrons find seats, especially at sold-out shows (there
are no assigned seats - all shows have general admission)
Coat Check (1): hang coats & hats for patrons
Greeter (1): to be positioned at the main entrance to greet patrons, and
direct them to the box office or the theatre

Once you become an usher, you will receive a link to the Usher Schedule
online (updated regularly), and an Usher Information document that will tell
you everything you need to know about working as a Dobama usher.  In the
meantime, here are a few FAQ's:

1.      Dress: Black & white, any combination
2.      Arrival and Time Commitment: Ushers need to arrive 1 hr prior to the
show's curtain time (arrival times are shown above), and are required to
stay through the intermission
3.      Watching the Show: Most of the time, ushers will be allowed to find
a seat and watch the entire show.  However, if there is a sold-out house,
and there is not enough seating for ushers, you will be given a comp ticket
for another performance (preferably on Thursday or Sunday).  It may be a
good idea to sign up for an early show, and then if necessary, you can use
your comp ticket for a later show

Here is part of 1 review of this production of A Bright New Boise:

"When the dust clears, one thing is very apparent:
the superb acting and spot-on direction carries this thought-provoking
play and makes everything about it engrossing."
Bob Abelman, News-Herald.

Please feel free to forward this e-mail to anyone else you know who may be
interested in ushering at Dobama.

Thanks, and I look forward to working with you soon.

Lori Berenson
House Manager, Dobama Theatre
lberenson at dobama.org