[NEohioPAL] BTOTS Announces Auditions for Jesus Christ Superstar

Donald Albainy dalbainy at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 15 05:57:09 PST 2012

Brecksville Theater on the Square (BTOTS)
presents
Open Auditions for
JESUS CHRIST SUPERSTAR
Music by Andrew Lloyd Webber
Lyrics by Tim Rice

Directed by Geoff Short
Musical Direction by Jason Falkofsky
Choreography by Jen Justice

Auditions:
Sunday November 18th, 2012 starting at 5p and
Monday, November 19th, 2012 starting at 7p

Production Dates:
March 8th - March 24, 2013 (first weekend is Fri. & Sat. only, then 3 shows per weekend rest of run)

Rehearsals will start mid-January; Approx. 3 times per week

Jesus Christ Superstar is a modern exploration of provoking, challenging questions based on events of the last week of the life of Jesus Christ - questions that are timeless and can apply to our society today. This production will be told through the lens of a swirling, modernistic collage of multi-media images and rock music forming a Rock-N-Roll Passion Play in a contemporary, symbolic and (perhaps) timeless setting reflective of our society's power struggles and idolization of messianic personalities.

All roles are open. Non-Equity only.Ages 16 and up. We are totally open to non-traditional casting. All genders, shapes, sizes and colors are encouraged to audition. In addition to the principal roles, we will be casting a very active ensemble of 20-25.

 Principal Roles:
Judas
Jesus
Mary Magdalene
Pontius Pilate
Caiaphas the High Priest
Herrod

Please prepare a contemporary musical theatre or rock/pop/R&B song. Please bring sheet music in the correct key. Accompanist will be provided. Headshots and resumes are appreciated. Also be prepared for movement. No appointments necessary.

Auditions are held in the BTOTS Administrative facility located at Blossom Hill at 4450 Oakes Road in Brecksville. Oakes Road can be accessed from Brecksville Road or Broadview Road. Upon entering the Blossom Hill facility, follow the driveway to the back parking lot. The main administrative office is located in Building 5, across from the main school building.

Brecksville Theater on the Square performances are held at the Old Town Hall, 49 Public Square at the intersection of routes 82 and 21 in Brecksville.

For more information: Visit the BTOTS website www.btots.org, or e-mail the director: GeoffShort66 at gmail.com.

Delete ReplyReply ForwardSpamMovePrint Actions NextPrevious
Delete ReplyReply ForwardMovePrint Actions NextPrevious