[NEohioPAL] Bill Cobbs, "Go On, " & Peter Lawson Jones, "A Carol for Christmas, " Plus Hank Nystrom

sue holland johnson suehollandjohnson at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 27 17:41:54 PST 2012

Hello Arts Supporters . . .

From Wake Up And Live's Actors' Studio.   PR Updates re: Cleveland's Own!

1.  Bill Cobbs is back, on "Go On"  tonight, 9:00 P, WKYC - ch.3.  In his recurring role, on tonight's episode, Bill, as George, celebrates his longevity. If you still have your Sunday, 11/25, TV Week's Guide, you'll see the Attached Cover with Bill's photo.  Hope you tune in!

2.  Mr. Thespian, aka, Peter Lawson Jones, recently sent the promo re: "A Carol For Cleveland."  See email, below and Attached flyer for details.  Hope to see you there!
From Peter . . .
 "Are you ready for a good holiday story?  Well, I'll give ya' one - "A Carol for Cleveland," which runs from November 30th through December 23rd at the Cleveland Play House.  Oh, come all ye faithful, and enjoy the world premiere of a great new play with a decidedly Cleveland flavor.  Not only is the play adapted by a Clevelander (Eric Coble) from a novella penned by a Clevelander (Les Roberts) but it takes place here as well.  (By the way, Roberts is an award-winning novelist, and Coble, a member of the Cleveland Heights-University Heights School Board, has not only garnered his share of acclaim but has a play headed to Broadway as well).

Did I neglect to mention that yours truly is a member of the cast, which includes - "hisself" excepted - some of the finest acting talent not only from this area but from New Yawk as well?

And the play, which will be performed in the breathtakingly renovated Allen Theatre in Playhouse Square, is beautifully directed by Laura Kepley, CPH's Associate Artistic Director.    It's a truly heart-warming story that's perfect for the entire family.
If you are interested in experiencing a little of the wonder of the season with "A Carol for Cleveland," save $10 per adult ticket by logging on to clevelandplayhouse.com/partners, and using the promotion code FAM.  You can also order via phone by calling 216.241.6000 or in person at the State Theatre ticket office.
So, celebrate the season.  Celebrate Cleveland.  Celebrate one of the nation's great theatres. Witness "A Carol for Cleveland."  Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!"

3.  Peter Lawson Jones also forwarded this news . . .

One final and sad note.  Karamu Hall of Fame member Maurice "Hank" Nystrom passed away last week. If anyone cares to make a personal contribution in Hank's memory, please feel free to mail your check, payable to Karamu House,  Please note on your check that it is given in Hank's memory.  This will be yet another way in which we honor our own and demonstrate the commitment of our membership to Karamu.

Sue Johnson
Executive Director
Wake Up And Live
wakeup4664 at aol.com www.wakeupandlives.org