[NEohioPAL] Come see "A Christmas Cabaret" at Nighttown, Stocker Arts or South Franklin Circle!

Cassie Goldbach cassiegoldbach at hotmail.com
Fri Dec 7 08:43:17 PST 2012

LET
YOUR HEART BE LIGHT AT “A CHRISTMAS CABARET”

Cabaret Presented by The Musical Theater Project Mixes Beloved Classics
and

Hidden Gems for Entertaining Celebration of the Season

CLEVELAND,
OH…. Can you imagine the joy of the holiday season without songs?
Doubtful. Which is why audiences flock to TMTP’s “A Christmas Cabaret,” now
celebrating its seventh year with shows at three greater Cleveland venues in
December.

The cabaret is scheduled at South Franklin Circle in Chagrin Falls
on December 12 (7:30 pm); Lorain County Community College’s Stocker Arts Center
on December 14 (8:00pm) and December 15 (2:00 and 8:00pm); and Nighttown in
Cleveland Heights on December 16, 17, 18 and 19 (8:00pm).

Vocalists Sandra Simon
and Aaron Dunn will again join music
director Nancy Maier and creator/host
Bill Rudman for eight performances.
These artists keep coming back – as do audiences -- for one reason: the songs. They
go as far back as 1916 and Irving Berlin’s “Santa Claus”: “You’d better be good
like a good baby should, or he will fly right by to another neighborhood!” And
in addition to festive curiosities like that one, the cabaret is filled with
evergreens for young and old including “Winter Wonderland,” “White Christmas,”
“Silver Bells,” “Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas,” “Rudolph the
Red-Nosed Reindeer” and even “You’re a Mean One, Mr. Grinch.”

"Along with the shopping, the gift giving and the family
get-togethers, there has to be song,” notes Dunn. “You gotta have it, or you’ve
got no Christmas! Folks hear ‘Santa Baby’ or ‘White Christmas’ or ‘Sleigh Ride’
often – and they’ll hear them in our show, of course -- but we also offer
special songs that are impossible to find in live performance. And they’re so
much fun to sing!”

Simon agrees: “It’s the nostalgia that draws me to this repertoire.
For people of my age – the 1960s boomer babies – these are the songs I grew up
hearing. We all had Christmas traditions when we were young. We believe our cabaret
can become a new tradition for families -- and for many, it already is.”

All of last year’s performances sold out, so early reservations
are encouraged. Ticket information follows:

South Franklin Circle:
Dinner/cabaret package, $45.
Cabaret only, $30. Call 440-247-1300.

Stocker Arts Center: $10-$15. Call 440-366-4040 or visit
www.stockerartscenter.com.

Nightown: $20. Call TMTP at 216-245-TMTP(8687) or visit
www.MusicalTheaterProject.org.

The cabaret is part of TMTP’s “The Song Is You!” concert series,
which receives additional support from Robert Conrad, Susan Kohn and
Mike Kohn, The Cleveland Foundation, Cleveland Public Library, Cuyahoga Arts
and Culture, Ohio Arts Council, WKHR 91.5 FM and WCLV 104.9 FM.

#####

ABOUT THE MUSICAL THEATER PROJECT—A nonprofit organization founded in 2000, TMTP
produces concerts, in-school residency programs, radio programming and
recordings that foster a deeper understanding and appreciation of a uniquely
American art form. To learn more about TMTP, call 216-529-9411 or visit www.MusicalTheaterProject.org.

To schedule an interview with Bill Rudman, please
call 216-529-9411 or e-mail info at musicaltheaterproject.orgmailto:tmtp at sbcglobal.net.

The Ohio Arts Council
helps fund The Musical Theater Project with state tax dollars to encourage
economic growth, educational excellence and cultural enrichment for all Ohioans. The
Musical Theater Project also receives public support with local tax dollars
from Cuyahoga Arts & Culture, to preserve and enrich our region's artistic
and cultural heritage.