[NEohioPAL] Two Steps Forward

Heads Up Productions info at headsupproductions.net
Mon Dec 10 12:33:28 PST 2012

Two Steps Forward

A new essay by our Artistic Director, Kyle Jozsa is now posted!
When does Work begin? When the hammer hits the nail’s head? When the first bead of sweat drips from your face? Does it begin before the work begins? Since training with Double Edge this summer, questions like these have left me pondering for hours.

Therefore, when asked to write an essay expressing the importance of preparation and what I discovered while training in Massachusetts, It seemed as easy as pumpkin pie (lets keep with the season, shall we?). Returning from my intensive I felt open, available – answers were waiting to be summoned from the depths of my being.

However, as I meditated on these questions, something terrible happened – I developed a case of writer’s block. The irony of all ironies; I was unprepared to write an essay on preparation! So at 4:30 on a Thursday morning in October I finally sat down to write this essay.

Continue reading at http://www.headsupproductions.net