[NEohioPAL] new book and upcoming programs

Bette Lou Higgins blhiggins at edenvalleyenterprises.org
Sun Dec 23 14:00:22 PST 2012

All of us at Eden Valley wish you a Happy Holiday Season!  We look forward to seeing you in 2013

We'd like to invite you to join us on Sunday, January 20, 2013 at 3p.m. to find out about GRANDMA GATEWOOD: OHIO'S LEGENDARY HIKER at the North Ridgeville Library; 35700 Bainbridge Rd.; North Ridgeville, Ohio when Bette Lou Higgins tells the story of this remarkable woman. Ohioan Emma Gatewood was the first woman to solo thru-hike the Appalachian Trail in 1955 at the age of 67 after raising 11 children and surviving domestic abuse. This program is FREE and open the public. For more information, call the library at 440-327-8326.

We're happy to announce the publication of our latest book:  BATTLE SCARS:  STORIES OF THE CIVIL WAR.  This book is based on our popular storytelling program of the same name which spotlights some unknown stories from the War Between The States including the Escape from Libby Prison and the thwarted escape from Johnson's Island.  This newest offering in our publications is available in print form, for your Kindle or as a PDF delivered direct to your e-mail box.  (http://edenvalleyenterprises.org/battlebook.htm ) Come see the program on Saturday, March 9, 2013 at 1p.m. at The Maritime Museum of Sandusky; 125 Meigs Street in Sandusky. This performance is open to the public. Admission to the Museum is $4/adults. For more information call the museum at: 419-624-0274.

Eden Valley is a not for profit corporation under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. As such, Eden Valley gratefully accepts donations to help fund our educational programming. If you would like to make a donation to help support our programming, you can download a convenient PDF form and send us a check, or you can make a payment through PayPal.  All donations are tax-deductible and gratefully accepted.  (http://www.edenvalleyenterprises.org/evedonate.htm )

To arrange for these or any of our programs to be presented for your group or o unsubscribe to this mailing list, simply reply to this e-mail with your request.

Happy Holidays!

Bette Lou Higgins
Artistic Director
Eden Valley Enterprises