[NEohioPAL] Dobama Ushers needed for last two weeks of 4000 Miles (12/27 - 1/6)

Lori - Dobama lberenson at dobama.org
Thu Dec 27 10:35:47 PST 2012

We are still in need of ushers for the last two weeks of our 3rd Dobama
production for this season, 4000 Miles (starring Dorothy Silver), which ends
on Sunday, January 6, 2013.

If you are interested in volunteering as an usher, please send an e-mail to
lberenson at dobama.org, or call 216-381-3323 during the hours of 9am and 10pm.

Here are the dates for this production (with arrival times) that we still
need help with:

Thurs, 12/27 - 6:15
Fri, 12/28 - 7:00
Sat, 12/29 - 7:00
Sun, 12/30 - 1:15

Thurs, 1/3 - 6:30
Fri, 1/4 - 6:45
Sat, 1/5 - 6:45
Sun, 1/6 - 1:30

Here is a list of the positions that I need for each show:

Box Office (1): to assist the Box Office Manager by giving out will-call
tickets to patrons
Concessions (1-2): to be positioned at the concession stand to sell drinks &
snacks, and pour wine for patrons (and ask for donations)
Tickets / programs (1-2): to be positioned at the theatre door to take
tickets and provide programs to patrons
Seater (1): to help patrons find seats, especially at sold-out shows (there
are no assigned seats - all shows have general admission)
Coat Check (1): hang coats & hats for patrons
Greeter (1): to be positioned at the main entrance to greet patrons, and
direct them to the box office or the theatre

Once you become an usher, you will receive a link to the Usher Schedule
online (updated regularly), and an Usher Information document that will tell
you everything you need to know about working as a Dobama usher.  In the
meantime, here are a few FAQ's:

1.      Dress: Black & white, any combination
2.      Arrival and Time Commitment: Ushers need to arrive 1 hr prior to the
show's curtain time (arrival times are shown above), and are required to
stay through the intermission
3.      Watching the Show: Most of the time, ushers will be allowed to find
a seat and watch the entire show.  However, if there is a sold-out house,
and there is not enough seating for ushers, you will be given a comp ticket
for another performance (preferably on Thursday or Sunday).  It may be a
good idea to sign up for an early show, and then if necessary, you can use
your comp ticket for a later show

Please feel free to forward this e-mail to anyone else you know who may be
interested in ushering at Dobama.

Thanks, and I look forward to working with you soon.

Lori Berenson
House Manager, Dobama Theatre
lberenson at dobama.org