[NEohioPAL] Happy New Year! What a great year we had! Here's what's coming in January...

Chagrin Valley Little Theatre cvlt at cvlt.org
Tue Jan 1 11:41:56 PST 2013

Trouble viewing this email? See it on the web at
http://www.cvlt.org/monthlymail.htm <http://www.cvlt.org/monthlymail.htm>

  _Chagrin Valley Little Theatre
  January 2013 News _

www.CVLT.org <http://www.CVLT.org> . 440-247-8955
40 River Street, Chagrin Falls OH 44022

Facebook.com/ChagrinTheatre <http://facebook.com/ChagrinTheatre>
Twitter.com/ChagrinTheatre <http://twitter.com/ChagrinTheatre>

  * *Happening in January...*
      o *January 5 - February 24:* Winter Youth Theare
        <http://www.cvlt.org/youth/index.php?utm_source=monthlymail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=jan2013>(classes)
      o *January 18 - February 9:* *THE FOX ON THE FAIRWAY*
        <http://www.cvlt.org/83rdSeason/foxonthefairway.php?utm_source=monthlymail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=jan2013>
        (comedy)
      o *January 20 - March 3:* Fundamentals of Improv
        <83rdSeason/improv.php?utm_source=monthlymail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=jan2013>
        (classes)

  * *Open Auditions...*
      o *January 6:* Auditions for *CURTAINS* (musical)
        <http://www.cvlt.org/auditions.php?utm_source=monthlymail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=jan2013>
      o *January 8 & 9:* Auditions for *2 ACROSS* (romantic comedy)
        <http://www.cvlt.org/auditions.php?utm_source=monthlymail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=jan2013>

  * *Coming in February...*
      o *February 15 & 16:* Chagrin Falls Studio Orchestra - Valentine's
        Concert
        <http://www.cvlt.org/83rdSeason/cfso-valentine.php?utm_source=monthlymail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=jan2013>

      o *February 23 & 24:* CVLT Youth Theatre Performance

Take Our Survey!
<https://spreadsheets.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dE1NM3NxdzNJRXBNRGVFSjNfOE84Q3c6MQ>

      *What a way to finish a year and to start the new!*

*Thank you! *Chagrin Valley Little Theatre is thrilled to announce that
our 2012 production of Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat
<http://www.cvlt.org/83rdSeason/joseph.php?utm_source=monthlymail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=jan2013>
broke box office records with the highest grossing ticket sales in our
83 seasons! Hats off to everyone involved in the production, and
especially to you, our patrons, for coming to see the show in such
numbers. Not only that, but the annual Gingerbread Tea
<http://www.cvlt.org/83rdSeason/gingerbread.php?utm_source=monthlymail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=jan2013>
and the holiday concert
<http://www.cvlt.org/83rdSeason/cfso-holiday.php?utm_source=monthlymail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=jan2013>
also saw particularly large crowds, and last night's New Year's Eve
<http://www.cvlt.org/83rdSeason/newyear.php?utm_source=monthlymail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=jan2013>
cabaret was packed! We couldn't have waved goodbye to 2012 in a happier
mood.

Such a successful and busy December leaves us exhausted but enthusiastic
for the next main stage production, *THE FOX ON THE FAIRWAY
<http://www.cvlt.org/83rdSeason/foxonthefairway.php?utm_source=monthlymail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=jan2013>*,
which will get your funny bones going on the 18th, and the second
session of Tracy Cubbal's *IMPROV CLASS
<83rdSeason/improv.php?utm_source=monthlymail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=jan2013>*,
which will begin training aspiring funny folks on the 20th. The next
round of CVLT *YOUTH THEATRE
<http://www.cvlt.org/youth/index.php?utm_source=monthlymail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=jan2013>*
sessions kicks off next weekend, along with *AUDITIONS* for our next two
productions!
<http://www.cvlt.org/auditions.php?utm_source=monthlymail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=jan2013>

We wish you all a peaceful, healthy, happy 2013!

See you soon,
/Your Friends at CVLT/

    */The Fox on the Fairway
    <http://www.cvlt.org/83rdSeason/foxonthefairway.php?utm_source=monthlymail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=jan2013>/*

*January 18 - Febuary 9
Fridays & Saturdays at 8:00 PM*

*Tickets: *$16 regular, $12 student/senior
Contains some mature themes.

*Buy tickets online at
http://www.cvlt.org/83rdSeason/foxonthefairway.php
<http://www.cvlt.org/83rdSeason/foxonthefairway.php?utm_source=monthlymail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=jan2013>

or call 440-247-8955*

A farce from Ken Ludwig (/Lend Me A Tenor/, /Leading Ladies/, /Moon Over
Buffalo/), THE FOX ON THE FAIRWAY takes audiences to the Quail Valley
Country Club, where club president Bingham (Mike Rogan) has discovered
that the great golfer he thought would play for his club has been
recruited to play for the rival country club by his counterpart, the
cocky and arrogant Dickie (Christopher Napp), risking a large wager that
Bingham had placed on their competition.

Fortunately, Bingham's newly hired hand, Justin (William Sonnie), is an
excellent player, and happens to be in love with the clubhouse waitress
Louise (Natalie Dolezal). All seems right once Bingham finagles Justin's
nomination, but soon bad weather, a missing engagement ring, the
appearance of Mrs. Bingham (Laurel Bryant) and Bingham's lustful club
vice-president (Erika Hansen) cause everything to hook swiftly into the
rough! Can Quail Valley avoid their own hazards, or will it be a
hilarious double-bogey for all?

Filled with mistaken identities, slamming doors, and over-the-top
romantic shenanigans, it's a furiously paced comedy. A charmingly madcap
adventure about love, life, and man's eternal love affair with... golf.

    */Fundamentals of Improv:
    Performance Skills
    <http://www.cvlt.org/83rdSeason/improv.php?utm_source=monthlymail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=jan2013>/*

*January 13 - March 3
Sundays from 2:00 - 4:30 PM*

*Course Tuition: *$150

*For information see http://www.cvlt.org/83rdSeason/ improv.php
<http://www.cvlt.org/83rdSeason/improv.php?utm_source=monthlymail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=jan2013>

or call 440-247-8955*

CVLT's classes on Improvisation for Actors, led by experienced improv
performer Tracy Cubbal, return for their second session.

This class, geared towards adults and older teens, will focus on
maintaining grounded scene work within the context of the classic
structures of short-form comedic improvisation, including scenic games,
line games, blind games, and musical games.

Topics will include agreement, listening, support, risk-taking,
character, and physicality. Students will learn to think on their feet
and to deal with the unexpected with poise and humor. The class will
culminate in an informal showcase for family and friends.

Some previous experience with improvisation is recommended.

    Still to come in CVLT's 83rd CONSECUTIVE SEASON
    <http://www.cvlt.org/83rdSeason/index.php?utm_source=monthlymail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=jan2013>

*DOWNLOAD AND PRINT A SEASON CALENDAR! (pdf)
<http://www.cvlt.org/83rdSeason/CVLT83rdSeason.pdf>*

            Chagrin Falls Studio Orchestra Valentine Concert (February
            15 - 16, 2013)

    The Chagrin Falls Studio Orchestra plays their annual special
    concert of music for Valentine's day.

            Youth Theater Show (February 23 - 24, 2013)

    CVLT's Youth Theatre presents a play on the main stage culminating
    the Winter session.

      2 ACROSS
      March 1 - 16, 2013
      at The River Street Playhouse, 56 River St.

Playwright Jerry Meyer presents a comedy about two married strangers - a
female psychologist and an unemployed man - who meet by chance on the
subway and help to solve more for each other than just their newspaper
crossword puzzles.

      CURTAINS
      March 22 - April 20, 2013

When a supremely untalented star is murdered on opening night, a musical
theater-loving police detective must brave danger to solve the case,
save the show, and maybe even find love. A 2007 musical send-up with
book by Rupert Holmes, lyrics by Fred Ebb, and music by John Kander.

            Chagrin Falls Studio Orchestra (May 3 - 4, 2013)

    The Chagrin Falls Studio Orchestra performs a spring concert.

      DONKEY BASEBALL / MRS. MANNERLY
      May 3 - May 18, 2013
      at The River Street Playhouse, 56 River St.

The River Street Playhouse presents two comedies for two actors in one
evening! Jeffrey Hatcher's /Mrs. Mannerly/ runs a school of manners,
dueling endlessly with her students via wit and wordplay, while Don
Nigro's /Donkey Baseball/ takes us to a bullpen where two veteran
players gripe about all that's wrong with the game today.

      SKIN DEEP
      May 31 - June 22, 2013

Jon Lonoff's play is about two sisters and their significant others.
This hilarious comedy tackles issues of weight, plastic surgery,
middle-aged dating, and infidelity with tons of zippy one-liners and a
warm heart.

      THE 10-10 NEW PLAYS FESTIVAL
      June 28 - July 13, 2013
      at The River Street Playhouse, 56 River St.

It's the return of CVLT's popular festival of ten ten-minute, one-act
plays. The River Street Playhouse will feature premiere works by
playwrights from Northeast Ohio and beyond.

      LEGALLY BLONDE
      July 19 - August 17, 2013

Based on the novel by Amanda Brown and the 2001 film, LEGALLY BLONDE is
the story of Elle Woods, an attractive sorority girl who heads to
Harvard Law to win back her boyfriend, but soon discovers how her law
education gives her the power to help others. With music and lyrics by
Laurence O'Keefe and Nell Benjamin and book by Heather Hach, this
popular musical comedy was nominated for multiple Tony and Drama Desk
awards.

*FUNDRAISER BRICKS - ORDER NOW!*

Starting at just $75, you can get your own custom engraved brick paver
in our front entrance sidewalk!

A unique way to commemorate a special occasion or honor that person on
your gift list who's hard to shop for!

We're taking orders now for our next installation of bricks, so visit
http://www.cvlt.org/bricks
<http://www.cvlt.org/bricks/index.php?utm_source=monthlymail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=jan2013>
to order yours today!

*ADVERTISE WITH CVLT!*

Did you know that ticket sales only cover a fraction of what it costs to
put on a show and keep CVLT running?

Your advertisement in our playbill or on our e-ticket not only puts your
business in front of thousands of people, but it helps us to defray the
costs of entertaining and educating the community.

Playbill ads start at just $150 for the season, and on-ticket ads start
at just $100 per quarter. We also offer show sponsorships!

Reserve your space now!
http://www.cvlt.org/advertise
<http://www.cvlt.org/advertise/index.php?utm_source=monthlymail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=jan2013>

We appreciate your support!

*CVLT.org . 440-247-8955
40 River Street, Chagrin Falls OH 44022*

Chagrin Valley Little Theatre is generously funded by Cuyahoga County
residents through Cuyahoga Arts and Culture. The Ohio Arts Council helps
fund our organization with state tax dollars to encourage economic
growth, educational excellence and cultural enrichment for all Ohioans.