[NEohioPAL] OPEN MIC SHAKESPEARE reading - All's Well That Ends Well

Brian Pedaci bpedaci at gmail.com
Thu Jan 3 19:51:10 PST 2013

If your New Year's resolution is to become better read, there's no better
way than to come and take a part in OPEN MIC SHAKESPEARE, an ongoing series
of free, open readings of Shakespeare plays sponsored by the Cleveland
Shakespeare Festival.

On Monday, January 7 at 7pm, we’ll congregate at Market Avenue Wine Bar in
Ohio City. Bring your friends to join in the reading or just listen and
enjoy the wine bar’s selections of over 75 wines by the glass or 50 craft
beers, as well as hors d’oeurves and desserts.

Roles will be assigned at the beginning of the event and rotated throughout
the play without regard to traditional casting considerations, to give a
chance to everyone who wants to read.

ALL'S WELL THAT ENDS WELL is a less-than-typical Shakespearean romantic
comedy. When Helena, the orphaned daughter of a physician heals the King,
she asks as payment the hand in marriage of her secret love, the noble
Bertram. He's horrified by the match and flees into military service, so
Helena concocts a plan to win his love. This bittersweet tale defies
convention.

"The web of our life is as a mingled yarn, good and ill together" - Act IV,
scene iii.

We will have a limited number of copies available, so if you have a copy of
your own, please bring it.

You can also receive more information by visiting our blog at
http://openmicshakespeare.blogspot.com/
There, you can subscribe to email updates and get additional background on
the play we'll be reading.