[NEohioPAL] My positive experience with Cleveland style casting.

Crissy crissy217 at aol.com
Fri Jan 4 11:10:17 PST 2013

This is only MY experience, but as someone who has worked with CSC directly I can say that it has all been positive. I have been cast as an actor in 2 projects with them. Neither were paid but a good résumé builder and experience. Also, as a casting director I called upon them for talent for a ultra-low budget film. In both cases CSC was willing and eager to help film makers and talent without promise of compensation from the film makers. Hey also have excellent communication via email or by phone. They may not be a traditional casting agent in that they will only take paying projects, but they are sincere in their efforts to help build our Cleveland film community. As far as I'm concerned the fee was minimal considering the time they put into the projects. They may not be a good fit for all but they are not by any means deceiving people or taking advantage of anyone. I would recommend meeting with them before making any judgement or relying on the opinions of those who have not works directly with them. Also keep in mind, this is Cleveland Ohio and you must have realistic expectations of a casting company. This is not Hollywood, people, and there are very few big budget projects out there throwing money around for you to be in their film. I agree that we should be positive and supportive rather than accusatory and negative when its not called for.  Lets all just have fun and make some great local films!

Crissy Kolarik