[NEohioPAL] Workshop Players: Opening "My Way", Auditions for "Shakespeare In Hollywood"

Workshop Players wspamherst at gmail.com
Wed Jan 23 08:01:09 PST 2013

Workshop Players presents

*My Way*

by Gerald Marks and Seymour B. Simons.

Produced in cooperation with Summerwind Productions.

Directed by Dave MacKeigan

Music Direction by Kira Seaton

Frank Sinatra lovers will swoon to the music of Old Blue Eyes as *My
Way*conducts them on a musical journey through 56 of his most popular
songs.
This cabaret style production features four performers crooning away to
Sinatra classics “Fly Me To the Moon,”  “I’ll Be Seeing You,”  “It Was a
Very Good Year,” “My Kind of Town,” “New York, New York,” “The Best is Yet
to Come,” and, of course, “My Way,”  plus many, many more.  Don’t miss this
trip down Memory Lane as the cast (Vicki Fritzman, Judy MacKeigan, Jacob
Schindler, Will Ujek, Beth Van Horn and Casey Wolnowski) takes us back to
the era of Sinatra.

Production dates are February 7, 8, 9, 15, 16, 22, 23 1 at 8 p.m., with
 Sunday matinees on February 17, 24 at 3 p.m.

Each performance can accommodate two persons using a wheelchair. Tickets
are $14 and may be reserved by calling the box office at
440-988-5613between the hours of 9 a.m. and 7 p.m.

* *

* *

*Shakespeare in Hollywood Auditions!!! *

* *

*Sunday, February 10 and Monday, February 11 from 7 p.m. – 9 p.m.*

*At Workshop Players Theatre, *

* *

*Director Kristina Rivera (440 864-7514) is seeking to cast the following:*

* *

*Female Roles *

*Olivia*: 20s to 30s. In Hollywood following her dreams. Has a sense of awe
that she is there.

*Lydia Lansing*: 20s to early 30s. Beautiful starlet with a whiny showgirl
voice. Always plays the bimbo.

*Louella Parsons*: 20s to 40s. Most famous gossip columnist of her day.

* *

**Puck -  20’s to 30’s.  Oberon’s right hand “man”.  Spritely, a trickster.
Will be cast male or female. MUST MOVE WELL.* *

* *

*Male Roles *

*Oberon*: 20s to 50s. King of the Fairies from “A Midsummer Night’s Dream”.
Powerful. Frasier /Chevy Chase like. In love with Olivia.

*Dick Powell*: 20s to 40s. Hollywood heartthrob type.

J*ack Warner*: late 20s to 40s. Tough as nails producer.

*Max Reinhardt*: 30s to 60s. Most famous stage director of his generation.
artsy and has a “vision” for the film.

*Will Hays*: 30s to 50s. The moral police. Created the production code that
gave every Hollywood studio headaches.

*Daryl*: 20s to early 30s. Right hand man to Jack Warner.

*Jimmy Cagney*: late 20s to 50s. Famous gangster film actor of 30’s.

*Joe E. Brown*: late 20s to 50s. Famous for his baseball movies.

*Harry*: 20s to 50s One of Jack’s brothers. Helps run Warner Bros.

*Albert*: 20s to 50s One of Jack’s brothers. Helps run Warner Bros.

*Sam: *20s to 50s. One of Jack’s brothers. Helps run Warner Bros.

*The roles of Daryl, Jimmy Cagney, Joe E. Brown, Harry, Albert and Sam may
be from the ensemble or double cast.*

--
Workshop Players
44820 Middle Ridge Road, Amherst, OH 44001

"If all the world's a stage, I want better lighting!"