[NEohioPAL] Looking for help/advice

Andy Nash nash.andy5050 at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 26 13:03:05 PST 2013

Hi all! I hope this finds everyone in good health and spirits!

For those who don't know me (which is probably most of you), my name is Andrew Nash. I am currently the artistic director with The UU Players, for whom you have likely seen a few advertisements over the last couple years. However, I am now venturing into my professional career with my newly formed performing arts company, Laboratorio De Beleco ("Laboratory of Beauty" in Esperanto). Since we are so new (and, consequently, poor), we cannot afford to buy/lease our own space long-term. This leave us essentially renting a different space for each performance. This is all fine and well and good, except I am not particularly familiar with what spaces in the Cleveland area are available to rent for a show, what equipment those venues have, what their rates are, etc.

This brings me to my question: does anyone know of some good venues? I would appreciate any help, advice, and suggestions anyone has about what venues are good to rent, or possibly any other ways to go about securing performing space.

Thank you for sharing your wisdom and helping our artistic community continue to grow!

-Andrew Nash