[NEohioPAL] A Fabulously Funny Farce and a Valentine Virtuoso Violinist! - February News from CVLT

Chagrin Valley Little Theatre cvlt at cvlt.org
Fri Feb 1 14:23:26 PST 2013

Trouble viewing this email? See it on the web at
http://www.cvlt.org/monthlymail.htm <http://www.cvlt.org/monthlymail.htm>

  CHAGRIN VALLEY LITTLE THEATRE
  February 2013 News & Events

www.CVLT.org <http://www.CVLT.org> . 440-247-8955
40 River Street, Chagrin Falls OH 44022

Facebook.com/ChagrinTheatre <http://facebook.com/ChagrinTheatre>
Twitter.com/ChagrinTheatre <http://twitter.com/ChagrinTheatre>

  * *Happening in February...*
      o *Now through February 24:* Winter Youth Theare
        <http://www.cvlt.org/youth/index.php?utm_source=monthlymail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=feb2013>(classes)
      o *Now through February 9:* *THE FOX ON THE FAIRWAY*
        <http://www.cvlt.org/83rdSeason/foxonthefairway.php?utm_source=monthlymail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=feb2013>
        (comedy)
      o *February 15 & 16:* Chagrin Falls Studio Orchestra - Valentine's
        Concert
        <http://www.cvlt.org/83rdSeason/cfso-valentine.php?utm_source=monthlymail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=feb2013>

      o *February 23 & 24:* CVLT Youth Theatre Performance
      o *Now through March 3:* Fundamentals of Improv
        <83rdSeason/improv.php?utm_source=monthlymail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=feb2013>
        (classes)

  * *Coming in March...*
      o *March 1 - 16:* *2 ACROSS*
        <http://www.cvlt.org/83rdSeason/2across.php?utm_source=monthlymail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=feb2013>
        (comedy)
      o *March 15:* *Deadline for script submissions to the 10-10
        Festival!*
        <http://www.cvlt.org/83rdSeason/10-10.php?utm_source=monthlymail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=feb2013>
      o *March 22 - April 20:* *PUTTING IT TOGETHER
        <http://www.cvlt.org/83rdSeason/puttingittogether.php?utm_source=monthlymail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=feb2013>*
        (musical)

Please take our brief survey!
<https://spreadsheets.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dE1NM3NxdzNJRXBNRGVFSjNfOE84Q3c6MQ>

      *A Fabulous Funny Farce and A Valentine Virtuoso Violinist!*

Although it's snowy outside, it's warm here in the theater! Audiences
and critics alike are enjoying the wild farce *THE FOX ON THE FAIRWAY*
<http://www.cvlt.org/83rdSeason/foxonthefairway.php?utm_source=monthlymail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=feb2013>
on our main stage, and we are very excited to welcome back the *Chagrin
Falls Studio Orchestra
<http://www.cvlt.org/83rdSeason/cfso-valentine.php?utm_source=monthlymail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=feb2013>*
with the world-class violinist Jinjoo Cho.

We also have some news regarding the rest of our season. For one, we
have swapped out the spring musical 'Curtains' for an alternate choice,
and are looking forward to staging *Stephen Sondheim's PUTTING IT
TOGETHER
<http://www.cvlt.org/83rdSeason/puttingittogether.php?utm_source=monthlymail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=feb2013>*
next month. Also, we are now accepting scripts for the third installment
of our 10-10 FESTIVAL of one-act plays
<http://www.cvlt.org/83rdSeason/10-10.php?utm_source=monthlymail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=feb2013>.
If you're an aspiring playwright, you have until March 15 to send us
your submission. Lastly, our Women's Committee is once again putting on
their Spring Tea Luncheon on April 12
<http://www.cvlt.org/83rdSeason/springtea.php?utm_source=monthlymail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=feb2013>.

Our Facebook page list recently surpassed 1,000 likes!
<https://www.facebook.com/ChagrinTheatre> Join us there for more photos
and regular updates!

See you soon,
/Your Friends at CVLT/

    */The Fox on the Fairway
    <http://www.cvlt.org/83rdSeason/foxonthefairway.php?utm_source=monthlymail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=feb2013>/*

*January 18 - Febuary 9
Fridays & Saturdays at 8:00 PM*

*Tickets: *$16 regular, $12 student/senior
Contains some mature themes.

*Buy tickets online at
http://www.cvlt.org/83rdSeason/foxonthefairway.php
<http://www.cvlt.org/83rdSeason/foxonthefairway.php?utm_source=monthlymail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=feb2013>

or call 440-247-8955*

    "This is a very hard-working ensemble that has wonderful comic
    timing, as does director Daniel Takacs."
    -- Bob Abelman, The Times

A farce from Ken Ludwig (/Lend Me A Tenor/, /Leading Ladies/, /Moon Over
Buffalo/), THE FOX ON THE FAIRWAY takes audiences to the Quail Valley
Country Club, where club president Bingham (Mike Rogan) has discovered
that the great golfer he thought would play for his club has been
recruited to play for the rival country club by his counterpart, the
cocky and arrogant Dickie (Christopher Napp), risking a large wager that
Bingham had placed on their competition.

Fortunately, Bingham's newly hired hand, Justin (William Sonnie), is an
excellent player, and happens to be in love with the clubhouse waitress
Louise (Natalie Dolezal). All seems right once Bingham finagles Justin's
nomination, but soon bad weather, a missing engagement ring, the
appearance of Mrs. Bingham (Laurel Bryant) and Bingham's lustful club
vice-president (Erika Hansen) cause everything to hook swiftly into the
rough! Can Quail Valley avoid their own hazards, or will it be a
hilarious double-bogey for all?

Filled with mistaken identities, slamming doors, and over-the-top
romantic shenanigans, it's a furiously paced comedy. A charmingly madcap
adventure about love, life, and man's eternal love affair with... golf.

    */Valentine's Concert
    <http://www.cvlt.org/83rdSeason/cfso-valentine.php?utm_source=monthlymail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=feb2013>/*

*February 15 & 16
Friday & Saturday at 7:30 PM*

*Tickets: *$35 regular, $20 student/child

*For information see http://www.cvlt.org/83rdSeason/cfso-valentine.php
<http://www.cvlt.org/83rdSeason/cfso-valentine.php?utm_source=monthlymail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=feb2013>

or call 440-247-8955*

Village <http://hamletretirement.com/>/

Steve Eva and the Chagrin Studio Orchestra
<http://www.chagrinfallsstudioorchestra.org/> present their 5th annual
Valentine's Day concert, featuring the world famous virtuoso violinist
Jinjoo Cho <http://www.jinjoocho.net/> performing the romantic Concerto
for Violin and Orchestra by Samuel Barber.

Jinjoo Cho's playing has been described as having "an undeniable
charisma and depth with an intense lyricism and heartfelt tenderness
that will send shivers up your spine", and The Cleveland Plain Dealer
wrote of her Severance Hall performance with the Cleveland Orchestra:
"Jinjoo is a young artist of extravagant gifts."

Jinjoo has links to Cleveland and Chagrin Falls. She moved with her
family from her native Korea in 2002 to study at the CIM with the Young
Artists program and teacher Paul Kanter. She and her family still reside
in Hudson, Ohio. Among many of her accomplishments, in 2005, Jinjoo was
the Gold Medal winner at the Stulberg String Competition in Kalamazoo
Michigan. Dr. Bernie Stulberg is a resident of Chagrin Falls, a
violinist himself, and the son of the founder of the Stulberg
competition. Dr. Stulberg is a big fan of Jinjoo and arranged support
from the Stulberg competition for Jinjoo to perform with the Studio
Orchestra.

Also on the program, Opera Baritone Brian Keith Johnson teams up with
our own soprano Ryann Angelotti to perform music from Gershwin's Porgy
and Bess. This talented duo will melt your hearts. Ryann has been a star
with the orchestra many times at CVLT. Brian Johnson recently was a
guest performer at the CVLT production of The Roar of the Greasepaint
--- The Smell of the Crowd. Mr. Johnson is a well known opera performer
in Northeast Ohio.

In addition, the Orchestra will open the program with a dazzling
arrangement of Disney Classic songs including music from Peter Pan, Mary
Poppins, Cinderella and more.

    Still to come in CVLT's 83rd CONSECUTIVE SEASON
    <http://www.cvlt.org/83rdSeason/index.php?utm_source=monthlymail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=feb2013>

      2 ACROSS
      <http://www.cvlt.org/83rdSeason/2across.php?utm_source=monthlymail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=feb2013>
      March 1 - 16, 2013
      at The River Street Playhouse, 56 River St.

Playwright Jerry Meyer presents a comedy about two married strangers - a
female psychologist and an unemployed man - who meet by chance on the
subway and help to solve more for each other than just their newspaper
crossword puzzles.

      PUTTING IT TOGETHER
      <http://www.cvlt.org/83rdSeason/puttingittogether.php?utm_source=monthlymail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=feb2013>
      March 22 - April 20, 2013

A musical revue featuring songs by the legendary Stephen Sondheim,
including selections from /Sweeney Todd/, /Company/, /A Little Night
Music/, /Into the Woods/, /A Funny Thing Happened on the Way To the
Forum/, and other favorites.

            Chagrin Falls Studio Orchestra (May 3 - 4, 2013)

    The Chagrin Falls Studio Orchestra performs a spring concert.

      DONKEY BASEBALL / MRS. MANNERLY
      <http://www.cvlt.org/83rdSeason/donkeymannerly.php?utm_source=monthlymail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=feb2013>
      May 3 - May 18, 2013
      at The River Street Playhouse, 56 River St.

The River Street Playhouse presents two comedies for two actors in one
evening! Jeffrey Hatcher's /Mrs. Mannerly/ runs a school of manners,
dueling endlessly with her students via wit and wordplay, while Don
Nigro's /Donkey Baseball/ takes us to a bullpen where two veteran
players gripe about all that's wrong with the game today.

      SKIN DEEP
      May 31 - June 22, 2013

Jon Lonoff's play is about two sisters and their significant others.
This hilarious comedy tackles issues of weight, plastic surgery,
middle-aged dating, and infidelity with tons of zippy one-liners and a
warm heart.

      THE 10-10 NEW PLAYS FESTIVAL
      June 28 - July 13, 2013
      at The River Street Playhouse, 56 River St.

It's the return of CVLT's popular festival of ten ten-minute, one-act
plays. The River Street Playhouse will feature premiere works by
playwrights from Northeast Ohio and beyond. NOW ACCEPTING SCRIPTS!
<http://www.cvlt.org/83rdSeason/10-10.php?utm_source=monthlymail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=feb2013>

      LEGALLY BLONDE
      July 19 - August 17, 2013

Based on the novel by Amanda Brown and the 2001 film, LEGALLY BLONDE is
the story of Elle Woods, an attractive sorority girl who heads to
Harvard Law to win back her boyfriend, but soon discovers how her law
education gives her the power to help others. With music and lyrics by
Laurence O'Keefe and Nell Benjamin and book by Heather Hach, this
popular musical comedy was nominated for multiple Tony and Drama Desk
awards.

*FUNDRAISER BRICKS - ORDER NOW!*

Starting at just $75, you can get your own custom engraved brick paver
in our front entrance sidewalk!

A unique way to commemorate a special occasion or honor that person on
your gift list who's hard to shop for!

We're taking orders now for our next installation of bricks, so visit
http://www.cvlt.org/bricks
<http://www.cvlt.org/bricks/index.php?utm_source=monthlymail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=feb2013>
to order yours today!

*ADVERTISE WITH CVLT!*

Did you know that ticket sales only cover a fraction of what it costs to
put on a show and keep CVLT running?

Your advertisement in our playbill or on our e-ticket not only puts your
business in front of thousands of people, but it helps us to defray the
costs of entertaining and educating the community.

Playbill ads start at just $150 for the season, and on-ticket ads start
at just $100 per quarter. We also offer show sponsorships!

Reserve your space now!
http://www.cvlt.org/advertise
<http://www.cvlt.org/advertise/index.php?utm_source=monthlymail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=feb2013>

We appreciate your support!

*CVLT.org . 440-247-8955
40 River Street, Chagrin Falls OH 44022*

Chagrin Valley Little Theatre is generously funded by Cuyahoga County
residents through Cuyahoga Arts and Culture. The Ohio Arts Council helps
fund our organization with state tax dollars to encourage economic
growth, educational excellence and cultural enrichment for all Ohioans.