[NEohioPAL] "The Miracle Worker" at TrueNorth "provides an emotional roller-coaster ride"

barbaraelizabet at aol.com barbaraelizabet at aol.com
Tue Jan 29 10:52:49 PST 2013

I went to see "The Miracle Worker" last Friday night. The show is one of my favorites; I have directed it, and know the script intimately. The set is beautifully built to the playwright's specifications, and the acting is of extremely high quality. Lara Knox is so believable as a very young and inexperienced teacher, who is nevertheless passionately committed to her daunting task. Morgan Faith Williams is a wonderful Helen - we can see and feel the pain of her internal prison. At the talkback after the performance, the sunny, confident little girl of 2013 was a stark contrast to her Helen of just minutes before. Helen's parents so beautifully conveyed the deep love, coupled with helplessness which the Kellers must have felt.

My friend and I so wished that the theater had been full. Please consider treating yourself to this experience - and please take your children. You will be marveling at the story of this real-life miracle (and counting your blessings) for days afterward.

Barbara Bellamy