[NEohioPAL] February is HOT at Stocker Arts Center!

Linda Hefner lhefner at lorainccc.edu
Mon Feb 4 12:49:34 PST 2013

Things are Heating Up at Stocker in February

Tired of the cold and snow? We're heating things up this month at
Stocker! Just take a look at what's coming up.

If you love the Cleveland International Film Festival, check out our
film series this month.

I Wish - Brothers Koichi and Ryunosuke, separated by their parents'
divorce, believe that a miracle will take place and the new bullet train
linking their towns will improve their difficult lives. February 8

Simon and the Oaks - This film is a larger meditation on life's
hardships and what endures: love, art, and civilization. February 15

Shun Li and the Poet - An unlikely bond between a young Chinese
immigrant woman and a Slav fisherman develops when she is sent from her
job near Rome to a small town along the Venetian lagoon to work in a
tavern. February 22

Films begin at 7:30 p.m. Film tickets are $6 each with the $3 Film
Society Membership, which is valid through March 29.

So it's music you like? We've got music!

Civic Orchestra Concert on February 9 at 7:30 p.m.

Civic Concert Band on February 10 at 7:30 p.m.

Live Nation presents John Denver: A Rocky Mountain High Concert on
February 14 at 7:30 p.m.

Yesterday Once More: A Carpenters Cabaret featuring Helen Welch on
February 15 and 16 at 8:00 p.m.

Civic Jazz Band Concert on February 23 at 7:30 p.m.

For ticket information visit us at www.stockerartscenter.com or call the
Box Office at 440-366-4040 Monday through Friday from noon to 6:00 pm.

We at Stocker Arts Center are very pleased to be voted Best Live
Theatre, Best Live Music Venue, and Best Art Gallery by the readers of
Pulse Magazine in the Best of Lorain County competition for the third
year.

Stocker Arts Center is on the campus of Lorain County Community College,
1005 North Abbe Road in Elyria.