[NEohioPAL] Pilgrim's Act-It UP! Theater Group 2013 Mystery Dinner Theater Auditions

Shari Schneider spansies at aol.com
Tue Feb 5 20:11:27 PST 2013

Audition Notice!

Act-It UP! Theater Group announces auditions for their upcoming Mystery Dinner Theater Production entitled The Mysterious Case of the Broken Heart.

Dates:     Thursday, February 7th – 6:30pm to 8:30pm
               Friday, February 8th – 6:30pm to 8:30pm
               Saturday, February 9th – 2:30pm to 4:30pm

Place: Pilgrim Church, 130 Broad Blvd., Cuyahoga Falls, OH (corner of 2nd & Broad Blvd.)

The roles to be auditioned include 8 for men and 8 for women, various ages, doubling will be considered for some roles.  There are also 4 children’s roles available; 2 boys, ages 10-12 and 2 girls, ages; 8-12. If you have any questions, please contact the director, Shari Schneider, at Act.it.up.theater at gmail.com.

The cast list will be announced no later than Saturday, February 10th. Rehearsals will be at Pilgrim Church on Thursdays from 6:30 p.m. until 8:30 p.m. and will begin on February 21st with a Read-thru of the script. The first Dress rehearsal is on Friday, April 26th.  Dress/Tech week begins on Monday, April 29th and is mandatory for all cast members.

This year, we are excited to announce that there are TWO performance dates.  Friday, May 3rd at 7:00pm and Sunday, May 5th at 5pm.

There is no prior preparation required.  Scripts will be provided for those who are planning to audition.  Please bring a calendar with you to the auditions to declare any conflicts.

Here's a little bit about the story:  Lynn Sable, a southern belle and successful Inspirational Novelist, offers a glimpse into her creative process, delivering clues to solve the mystery in a unique and charming way.  She does her best to guide the gues to the correct solution to the mystery as characters from her current writing project come alive to illustrate the story.  To whom does this broken heart belong?  Will it ever be mended?  Is there a happy ending in sight?

Some of the characters you'll get to know include:

Beau wrestles with a commitment put on his heart by God.  He knows that if he makes this choice that it is going to upset his tranquil world, especially when it comes to his relationship with his Mama.

Mama Lafayette is beside herself because she just wants what is best for her son and is worried about what all the neighbors think and will say if her son follows through on what she considers his crazy ideas.

Daddy Lafayette tries to offer comfort to both of them, knowing all along that by trusting in God and their faith will things work out the way they need.

Violet feels she is underserving and unlovable.  Abandoned as a child and growing up without a home, she is a product of her environment. The lifestyle forced upon her has given her every reason to never trust anyone, let alone believe in God.  Will she ever come to accept herself, learn to trust and have a deeper understanding of what it is like to believe in God.  Will she ever find some measure of happiness?

"I have finally reached the wonderful point in my life where I know exactly who I am and I continue to grow, without fear, each and every day.  I think that comes from putting faith first."

~Shari Lynn Schneider
Christian/Wife/Mother/Independent AVON Business Owner/Actress/Playwright/Director and so much more!